Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

changing links to photos in a post? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I just posted a too-long hunt report and thought that I was posting photos with it, but all that came out were the links to the Photobucket account. I'm a computer illiterate...I thought that I followed the directions to a T, but I guess not.

Is there some simple way to alter the post so that the pictures themselves appear in the body of the post, rather than just the links? Thanks.

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Click the icon in the lower right-hand corner; it looks like a pencil eraser superimposed on a folder.

That puts you in edit mode.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was fast!

I know how to edit a post, I just don't know how to change the links into photos. This is my first time posting photos...or it will be, when I finally do post them.

Is this something I do in AR, or in Photobucket, or...?

http://i1039.photobucket.com/a...023.jpg?t=1296670567

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You add the [img] tag at the beginning of the full URL for your photo, and the [/img] at the end.

This way http://i1039.photobucket.com/a...023.jpg?t=1296670567 becomes

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, thanks for all your help, and sorry if I asked in the wrong forum. I finally got it working.

John

posted Hide Post
You're welcome, and this was the proper forum.

George