Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deleting my old posts Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Hi, I have made several posts with questions and have received good answers but any time I try to delete the post and remove my/the clutter from a forum the "delete" button never works in the "edit post" tab. What's up? Confused
Barry

Posts: 52 | Location: Midwester | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Why not just leave them so someone else may learn from them?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BarryG.

Im a new member and I ploughed through dozens of back pages before taking the plung and joining AR. I learned a lot from the vast knowledge of long standing AR members. There is no doubt those pages hold interest for newbies. Imo GeorgeS is correct,leave them.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, Well, I guess it seemed like the right thing to do. If someone else can get something out of it what the heck. Smiler

Posts: 52 | Location: Midwester | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It isn't your questions that people would get value from, but the responses. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Also, even posts or rsponses that are not responded too, does not mean someone did not get some information from them.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Also, even posts or rsponses that are not responded too, does not mean someone did not get some information from them.

+1

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FOOBAR
posted Hide Post
The problem with this internet thing, and many forums, is there are very few "thank you's" or even a hi-5 for all that happy information and more often than not, instead of a pat on the fanny, you get a kick in the ***** for your effort.

Too many responders needing to be "right" or show their expertise by a put down.

Pretty much a microcosm of the real world...isn't it...what "should/could/would" be isn't anywhere near "what it is."

Luck

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 17 November 2011 03:37 Hide Post
The problem with this internet thing, and many forums, is there are very few "thank you's" or even a hi-5 for all that happy information and more often than not, instead of a pat on the fanny, you get a kick in the ***** for your effort.

Foobar,,You certainly can't take anything that goes on any of the multitude of forums seriously?

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote