THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ADMINISTRATION FORUMS

This is the forum for suggestions and help requests on using AR Forums

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  ADMINISTRATION  Hop To Forums  Forum Suggestions and help requests from members    Do you have a google account? Act now to prevent their spying on you
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have a google account? Act now to prevent their spying on you Login/Join 
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted
In just a few hours, new policies will take effect at Google, endangering your privacy.

Tech publication Gizmodo reports, "things you could do in relative anonymity today [like your web searches], will be explicitly associated with your name, your face, your phone number come March 1st." And this applies retro-actively if you don't act today.

So, if you have a google, you tube or gmail account associated with a google login, log into your account.

Then go to this link:

https://www.google.com/history

delete your history, and make sure it comes back empty and "paused".

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Don. Just checked and it seems mine was already deleted and paused. Nevertheless, it's good to be sure.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I never turned history on.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
In just a few hours, new policies will take effect at Google, endangering your privacy.

Tech publication Gizmodo reports, "things you could do in relative anonymity today [like your web searches], will be explicitly associated with your name, your face, your phone number come March 1st." And this applies retro-actively if you don't act today.

So, if you have a google, you tube or gmail account associated with a google login, log into your account.

Then go to this link:

https://www.google.com/history

delete your history, and make sure it comes back empty and "paused".

Don

If I log into my gmail account,. how do I go to that link? Please explain. Thanks!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Click on your Google account name (upper right corner) > 'Account Settings' > In 'Services' click on 'Go to web history'.

Enter your password.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I never turned history on.

George

I didn't either, but the default is "on" so I found most of my friends were feeding the google spy machine.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I had selected 'no, thanks' a long time ago. Wink

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
I deleted my Google account and got rid of my android phone that could only backup to Google.