Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

returned emails Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
For some reason I can't send any answers to requests for information through the A.R. personal section. I get notified that there is an email, and it shows up in my home email, but when I try to send and answer back it is refused because it says that my email program doesn't recognize it as a valid email address. The return address always starts with the word "bounce". Bob

Posts: 141 | Location: Iowa,U.S.A. | Registered: 13 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you are referring to Private Messages, they are not e-mails.

Are you trying to respond to PMs sent to you? How are you trying to do so (list the steps)?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
birdhunter, I don't think that you can answer a PM via "reply" email from your email notification. You can read the contents of the PM but in my experience you have to reply to the PM via the AR web site (Go, Private Messaging etc.)
peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm now sure you guys are correct. I have been trying to answer P.M.'s through my email and it doesn't work that way. Thanks ,Bob

Posts: 141 | Location: Iowa,U.S.A. | Registered: 13 July 2008Reply With Quote