New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about statistics for December Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
Don, I was noticing one of the stats for December that seemed a bit strange. The No. 1 most popular thread was Morten's thread on 15 years of hunting the world. I noticed this thread was originally started on December 11, 2013, 24 days ago, and now has 28 replies and 44,000+ views? 44,000+ views in 24 days? Is that correct?

No issue, just wondering about the numbers as that seems a bit out of the ordinary.

By the way, it's a very nice thread with lots of fine and diverse hunting documented.

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd and Don,

there is obviously something wrong here. 44.000 views in 24 days is approx 1.830 views in average per day. With an average of 300-350 each day members and non members visiting the AR all of these would view the report 5-6 times each. Let us say that there is a group of 1.000 AR members that a very active - these guys do not view a hunting report 44 times each either.

I figure then something is wrong counting of visitors. I myself have approx 15 visits due to editing and mispelling words etc.

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Yep, Morten, I figured the same. 1833 views per day for 24 days. It just struck me as odd that there would be that many views in such a short time.

Nice thread though. Lots of interesting hunts you've done!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I am probably finished with my abroad mountain hunts except for the 2015 Yukon booking, but that is more like back home. From now on I hope to discover Africa Smiler

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Eve figures show almost 8,000 visitors a day, viewing over 75,000 pages a day on the forums.

The figures you see on top of the forums are those on line at the time you are looking at it.

These figures change throughout the day.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67043 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Saeed - thanks for your numbers. I am though surprised if my first report have been seen almost 45.000 times !

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Gentlemen,

Eve figures show almost 8,000 visitors a day, viewing over 75,000 pages a day on the forums.

The figures you see on top of the forums are those on line at the time you are looking at it.

These figures change throughout the day.

Hello Saeed.

Firstly, absolutely no problem here. Especially since Morten and I communicate with each other quite often through PMs. So I'm not attempting to "stir the pot" by any means.

However, I'm not sure your response addresses what Morten and I were pointing out. If you go look at the number of responses and view of Morten's thread on "15 years of hunting" there were a little over 42,000 views of that particular thread over a 24 day period, but with only 28 responses. If you look at other threads, for instance your "sticky" of you latest safari, those threads are hugely popular, but even your latest safari report on the African Hunting forum, was originally posted on Sept 27, 2013 and currently has 26,563 views. Morten's thread of 15 years of hunting has nearly twice that many views in the first 24 days.

Again, I think for both Morten and I, it just struck us as odd that there would be an average of 1,800 views per day for 24 days on any one particular thread. And with the popularity of your safari threads not even coming close to those numbers, and that being one of, if not THE most popular thread on the entire forum, something seems a bit off.

It's no big deal. I just thought you guys might want to take a look at whatever monitoring system you have for the threads.

Cheers.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Todd,

The figures I posted above is from us.

The figures originally posted to the number of views is what we get from EVE - the software that runs the forums.

I do agree with you, there is something wrong somewhere there.

Posts: 67043 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

please find out.. it is now more than 46.600 views and keep rising..

However, maybe I am the winner of the year and someone have to buy me a trophy elephant hunt as reward... Whistling

The winner takes it all you know jumping

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Saeed,

However, maybe I am the winner of the year and someone have to buy me a trophy elephant hunt as reward... Whistling

Well DONE!

I told Walter "A Norwegian won the prize of posting the most viewed thread, what shall we offer as a prize?"

"Hmm, a Norwegian ha? The last Norwegian I saw was an absolutely gorgeous girl. She wasn't blond, but she was stunning! May be we should offer a dirt weekend with me?"

Are you game? rotflmo

posted Hide Post
Someone probably wrote a script to refresh the page repeatedly.

Moving it to a different forum would prevent the script from working correctly.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Saeed,

Well DONE!

I told Walter "A Norwegian won the prize of posting the most viewed thread, what shall we offer as a prize?"

"Hmm, a Norwegian ha? The last Norwegian I saw was an absolutely gorgeous girl. She wasn't blond, but she was stunning! May be we should offer a dirt weekend with me?"

Are you game? rotflmo

Saeed,

If a dirt weekend is what I think it is, I think that Walter will be disappointed discovering that I am a ugly looking 53 year old man ! Probably not what Walter had in mind Wink

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
This has happened once before. Not sure why it happens, but it does.

We'll probably also never know.

I'll pop in a support ticket and see what they say.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes search bots get stuck in a loop on one topic and it will run the views up. Or, as George pointed out, sometimes a person will script a watch on a topic and get the math wrong. instead of watching every 60 minutes it's every 60 seconds.

There are all sorts of innocent reasons for it.

Usually the fix is to move the topic someplace where it cannot be accessed for a day or two, then move it back.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Saeed,

my report now exceeds 51.000 visitors. Maybe you or Walter should explain the dirty weekend ? Wink

I have had the pleasure of looking at the whole Tanzanian adventure I got on a computer stick. Must have been a very good time hunting with friends around you. Thank you for sharing !

Morten