New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dog and Cat mortuary affairs forum Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Since 95% of the dog and cat forums are how someone lost their kitty or doggie. Can we just change the name of them to the dog and cat mortuary affairs forum?

Or alternatively, we could have a pet grieving forum.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Why is it any of your concern?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kind of quit going in there, I have lost a ton of dogs in my life and three really good horses.

I'd like to talk about dogs and horses without having to deal with it.

I internalize death of a pet pretty well, but this doesn't help.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To each his own. Do you feel the same way about obituaries of humans?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If the thread does not concern you, don't read it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66986 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep agreeing with Saeed.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep... nilly

Posts: 10165 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well that was an unpopular idea.

killpc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe it is unpopular, I am just curious as to your reasoning for the request.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just think it should be about "how to train your dog" or great action stories about dogs or horses".

Sad shaggy dog stories always bother the hell out of me.

A lot of the pet forums is based on pet mortality.

The vast majority of the other forums that have death announcements rarely ever have them. While in the pet one it is common.

So while it bothers me to know that someone died, especially if they were a friend of the hunting world, it doesn't happy every day.

I hope that made sense.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the deal is that pets are actually part of someones family, a child/friend that never grows up or passes judgement on you.

Pets normally will never let a person down, except by dying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must say I agree with BWW on this issue. I can't go into that forum without being deluged with thread titles that just dredge up bad memories for me, of pets that are gone. I no longer enter any of the threads to commiserate with the grieving owners because it can be quite painful. The fact that I have had to go through this unfortunate experience twice in the past two years doesn't make it any easier.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the thread does not concern you, don't read it.

What about that escapes people?

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've apparently embarrassed one poster and confused another. My apologies.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've apparently embarrassed one poster and confused another. My apologies.

No need to apologize. Saeed made the statement I quoted, and since it is his site, his word should be good enough.

If humans were really intelligent, after they lose a pet or two, they would stop trying to have pets.

That ain't happening and every time they lose one they are going to grieve!

Simply part of the human condition.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have always had dogs, and we love them.

They become part of the family, and as they are living creatures, they die too, just like us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66986 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a section for pet rocks. They live long lives, never heard of one dying, so it wouldn't take up much bandwidth. Be easy to follow and keep current on the activities there.

Posts: 3807 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hey, I just lost a dog and it makes me feel better to share what he meant to me. I kind of feel like I earned the right to post about the late Gunnar because I try to be conscientious about reading others' eulogies. I guess you have to have really loved -- and been loved by -- a dog to understand this. It's part of the grieving process. I posted when my father died, too.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16403 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As others have mentioned numerous times, it is normally pretty easy to discern the subject matter of a discussion by simply reading the title.

It is real easy for a person to simply skip the discussions that don't interest them.

Having pets, dog/cat/parrot whatever is important to most humans and when that pet dies it hurts emotionally, the pets family is going to grieve that just part and parcel of the whole human/pet relationship.

Death is part of life, death of our pets is also part of life and I don't understand why anyone would have any kind of problem or find humor with people expressing their sadness/grief over the loss of a companion.

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

They become part of the family, and as they are living creatures, they die too, just like us.

They die?

Well there goes my optimism for the day.

CRYBABY

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

They die?

Well there goes my optimism for the day.

CRYBABY

Don

You're a lotta help, mister.
I know, biding your time so you can put up a hokey banner on Christmas again ...

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16403 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote