New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to Buy forum? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
There are lots of folks who have things they'd be willing to sell, if they knew others wanted them. But many of those folks don't even read the Classified Forum because they aren't looking to buy anything their self.

And the Classified Forum isn't organized so that it can have the "For Sale" stuff in a section distinct from the "Want to Buy" requests.

I think it would greatly improve the navigability and usefulness of the classified section.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was worried for a minute there. It read like you wanted to buy the forum...

jumping

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I have wondered myself if this were not possible. It would be much more useful.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anyone can post a WTB ad in the Classifieds; there are several there currently.

Breaking the Classifieds up even further just adds to the administrative overhead.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George -

I know one can post WTB requests in the existing classifieds. If you look there today, you wll find one WTB on the first page, maybe a couple on the second page, and so on...what potential provider wants to look through 10 pages of classifieds (or more) just to find how he might help someone out by filling their need? As it is, WTBs are starting to show up on discussion forums more and more often.

I was interested in meeting the AR site USER's need when I posted that suggestion. As it is, when I check to see what someone might want/need that I have laying around unused, I go to a couple of websites other than AR rather than plow through pages and pages of stuff they want to sell, not BUY.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know one can post WTB requests in the existing classifieds. If you look there today, you wll find one WTB on the first page, maybe a couple on the second page, and so on...what potential provider wants to look through 10 pages of classifieds (or more) just to find how he might help someone out by filling their need? As it is, WTBs are starting to show up on discussion forums more and more often.

Yep! I think it's a great idea!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
AC,

Have you considered, just for a moment, performing a search for the term 'WTB' in the Classifieds? using the Find feature?

On any forum, you'd still have to either perform a search or "plow through pages and pages of" WTB ads.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't used the search featured to find WTBs. And I won't. I don't mind giving folks things they need and can't find on their own, but I am not going to go through any rigmarole to do it.

I already know of two other sites which have their own "want to buy" sections where I don't have to look through any WTS posts. So I guess I'll not look for what AR members need and will help out the folks on those other sites. Easier for me, them, and you.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
No.

I do not want to buy this forum.

In my humble station, in life and business, I am sadly forced to turn a profit.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
No.

I do not want to buy this forum.

In my humble station, in life and business, I am sadly forced to turn a profit.

Mike,

With some of the jokers we have on AR, we find it well worth the money clap

I know we have a lot of informative discussions here, but, we also have a lot of entertainment.

Sometimes I find it very hard to separate the two beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I like the information and entertainment, both. Big Grin And the price of admission can't be beat, either. Cool

Many thanks for running this economic loser, but karmic winner, of a forum! tu2 Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote