New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scammer Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of loucfir
posted
I posted for a pre 64 winchester 70 featherweight stock. This fella Albertj3839 from Texas answered and sent pics to my phone. Fine, but the pictures, 3 sets now are off of eBay. Think he scamming asking for funds.
TomB

Posts: 309 | Location: The Great Northwest | Registered: 25 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
the pic from ebay are my picture and screenshot and post where i ask you fot fund before shipping, i was giving you a good offer, that i will ship first and when you receive the stock you send me my money,
HOW IS THAT A SCAM?

Posts: 2 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 December 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
albertj--what town in Texas?

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by albertj3839:
the pic from ebay are my picture and screenshot and post where i ask you fot fund before shipping, i was giving you a good offer, that i will ship first and when you receive the stock you send me my money,
HOW IS THAT A SCAM?

I've done multiple deals like that with long-time members here.
Maybe until you are known among a few members you should consider it. But of course up to you.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, that. I have done many deals over the years here, + the folks on these forums are some of the most honest folks that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.(wish I could say that about the other facets of life + their dealings) Over the years, we have gone to the stage of personal checks are OK, + no need of USPSMO. But like anything else, trust comes with time + repetition of dealings with others. Albert, I wish you well, + welcome to an honest dealing site.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having been scammed twice on 24hrcampfire, I am very cautious.

Would suggest getting as much info as possible and confirming email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses and then do a quick google search. Any yellow flags, abort the deal.

Posts: 10150 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

We have had a few bad members here, and sadly, that is to be expected in this day and age.

I have dealt with many members, and every single one of them went out of his way to help in any manner I asked.

As suggested above, one needs to be on his toes.

It is ultimately HIS responsibility and the responsibility of the man he is dealing with.

There is absolutely nothing we as administrators can do about it.

Except if it is proven a member IS scammer, we can ban him.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, as you say, we have mostly a lot of straight-up people on this site, but you are correct, in this day + time, there are a lot of the others out there. As the old adage goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote