Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem replying to a post Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
When I click on the reply tab I get this yellow hand with a red 'X' through it. I can select the tab next to the reply tab and I get a different window that I can type in but I don't believe it's correct. Never had this problem before. Thanks, smoker1

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 868 | Location: NYS | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Is the thread locked?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I just clicked on the reply tab on your message and I get it there. If I click on the yellow flag next to the reply tab I get this window I'm typing in now. It say's ' Quick reply to: ' I don't get it.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
--Thomas Jefferson

posted Hide Post
I do not have any problems clicking either reply icon, so I suspect your problem is in your browser or on your PC.

Try a different browser than the one you are using.

Clear your site cookies. Log out. Log back in. Try it again.

If it still doesn't work correctly, post a screenshot.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a try.

--Thomas Jefferson

posted Hide Post
Did it work?

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I may have found the culprit. Just now I clicked on the reply tab and a message caught my eye at the top of the page. It said " Pop up blocked by Google ". I went to google tools and uncecked the pop up blocker box and now it works fine?????

--Thomas Jefferson

posted Hide Post
I suspected the pop-up blocker; that is why I suggested a different browser. Wink

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost totally computer ignorant. I didn't know how to get another browser and remembered something about one of my bank accounts not liking a certain browser but couldn't remember which one and didn't want to go through that again Smiler

--Thomas Jefferson

posted Hide Post
Go to mozilla.com and download Firefox.

Or go to google.com, and download Chrome.

George