New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is my favorite gun site... EXCEPT FOR Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
The thread title text on the screen being displayed in RED. I'm 70% color blind, and my eyes are getting old....

I can only browse the forum for about 45 min before I can't see the red titles anymore...

Ever think about changing it to a dark blue or something?

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's not red, it's orange.

You can change the settings in your browser in two minutes, so the colors are different than what a web site selects.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Within the "Tools/Tool-bar" menu on Microsoft Internet Explorer, choose "Internet Options"; then:

General Tab; go to the bottom/Appearance and click "Accessibility"; and check "Ignore colors specified on webpages." Click "OK."

Then, still under "Appearance" click "Colors"; uncheck "Use Windows Colors" and proceede to choose the colors you want.

See George, that's how ROYGBIV becomes something a color blind person can see...and you don't even have to sound like a German policeman! Wink

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Thanks Friar! I use Firefox, but I figured it out! I CAN READ IT NOW!!

THANKS!

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No love for me, Frank?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
George, to give credit where credit is due, I must tell you I used your tag line (the whole tag line) in one of my sermons. The congregation found it quite humorous! tu2 Thanks and best wishes!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear they liked it. It does conjure up some amusing images, doesn't it? Big Grin

George

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
How do you change the type/font color schemes here using firefox?

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sonofagun:

'Options'>'Content'>'Fonts & Colors'.

George

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I'm glad to hear they liked it. It does conjure up some amusing images, doesn't it? Big Grin

George

Sorry George, you got all wrong.

I will take a good English roast and Yorkshire pudding over anything a master French chef can dream up.

British police WERE very good, now they are no better than anyone else!

Lovers; we used to say anything in skirt! Age, colour or shape is immaterial.

Walter is German! And I would not trust him to fix ANYTHING for me!

My Japanese watch is cheaper than any Swiss watch, and works just as well.

We had a Greek workshop manager, and we could have wished for anything better.

You see, you are a dreamer - nothing wrong with that - and I am a realist - sometimes there quite a lot wrong with being this way beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67045 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lovers; we used to say anything in skirt! Age, colour or shape is immaterial.

I once heard the saying that if she is younger than 18, she is protected by law; if she is over 65 she is protected by nature. In between, she's fair game.... coffee

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
quote:
Originally posted by sonofagun:

'Options'>'Content'>'Fonts & Colors'.

George

You'll have to be more detailed than that I'm afraid - tried and set to black type on white background and it didn't change anything! There's so many options and things to check or set and all are things I know nothing what to do with!

I'm NOT color blind, but that orange type is kinda hard to read!

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Read the 'Help' section on that page and experiment with the settings until you get the results you want.

George