Find
Notify
Tools

Andrew McLaren Safaris Free Hunt 2009 "Vanished"? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted
Hello to the person(s) who can help me.

I am re-thinking afforing another Andrew McLaren Sfaris Free Hunt 2011. Now I want to go back and see what I have done in 2009. However the original posting seems to have vanished. Searching for everything that I've ever posted brings up nothing about the 2009 Free Hunt Offer. In this posting by the winner he has inserted a link to the original posting - but clicking on it results in an error meaasge.
ChetNC's posting

Please help me to get the original posting.

Thanks.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
This thread?

http://forums.accuratereloadin...421029121#8421029121

Posted in Sept of 2009.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

No, not that one. The one you have is my posting for the 2010 Free Hunt. I do not remember exactly what I put up as the name, but no amount of searching gives any result.

May I ask you what hapopens on your system if you click on the link in ChetNC's posting above? My system stays busy a long time and then returns an error message which I have not copied or can remember, but something like: There is a long number of maybe 10 or more digits and the message says it is not a valid value for "m"? If your'system does the same it is a mistake, if yours actually brings up the original posting, IIRC about February 2009, I would like to have the URL for that original posting.

Thanks.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew McLaren:
Hi Mark,

No, not that one. The one you have is my posting for the 2010 Free Hunt. I can find and open that one without any problems. It is the posting I made for a free hunt offered for the 2009 season that gives me the problems. Ido not remember exactly what I put up as the name, but no amount of searching gives any result. Even searching for all posts made by me in the correct forum gives many, but not the one I'm looking for!

May I ask you what hapopens on your system if you click on the link in ChetNC's posting above? Go there and scroll down a bit to see ChetNC's posting in which he put up a link to the original posting. My system stays busy a long time and then returns an error message which I have not copied or can remember, but something like: There is a long number of maybe 10 or more digits and the message says it is not a valid value for "m"?

I've just redone it and the error message reads:

quote:
3001066701 is an invalid value form

If your system does the same, one can be sure that there is an error in the database or something else is wrong. However, if yours actually brings up the original posting, IIRC about February 2009, I would like to have the URL for that original posting. Please help some more. Wink

Thanks.

Andrew McLaren

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Check with DRG; it is possible that the threads in the 'Oufitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts' are not archived since they are time-sensitive (the Classifieds are also not archived).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote