New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brent Hein Spam Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted
I have been getting a scam from someone purporting to be Brent Hein. They reference his DSC and SCA booth numbers. My only link to him was probably on AR so figure others on AR may be getting the same scam. Heads up. Sorry Brent.

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Hazen:
I have been getting a scam from someone purporting to be Brent Hein. They reference his DSC and SCI booth numbers. My only link to him was probably on AR so figure others on AR may be getting the same scam. Heads up. Sorry Brent.

Posts: 149 | Location: Lometa, Texas | Registered: 05 March 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We do not give email address to anyone. Period.

So there is no way he could have gotten it from here.

At least 70% of the mail I get is spam, so one has to accept it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67295 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vince Hazen
posted Hide Post
Sorry Saeed, I was not implying this was legitimate spam. This is a scam from someone purporting to be Brent saying he was stranded in England and needed someone to wire him money. I just didn't want anyone from AR to fall for the scam.

one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Vince,

Brent's email was hacked earlier in the week and bogus messages went out to his address book. The funny thing is if you knew Brent, the idea of him spending a holiday in Wales is pretty ridiculous. However, the disruption and inconvenience to everyone involved still occurred.

Despite efforts to fix the problem with his email provider, the problem persisted, so he shut down the account. Things like this are doubly tough on guys in Africa where issues with power and unreliable internet service make it more difficult to resolve problems and to protect yourself.

In any case, Brent feels badly about the inconvenience and he asked me to offer his apologies to anyone here who has been affected.

Thanks,
David

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correct his email was corrupted but not via AR. His wife has set up a new email address

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

The ONLY, repeat, ONLY, reason we ask for an email address is just in case you forget your logging in details.

We do not sell any product or services, or email addresses.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67295 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I am an old guy. I do not go to websites much accept this one. Your policies are exactly why I like AR. I like people and websites that are not trying to get their hand in my wallet.
Thanks for the iron fisted approach.

Posts: 10260 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote