New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mannlicher-Schoenauer Topic requested Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted
Saeed, I would like to see a new topic-Mannlicher-Schoenauers. When I came aboard, I talked of Mannlichers and others also suggested this would make a good main Topic. Classy rifles that deserve to be listed. Just my 2 centavos. Thanks,

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! And a Blaser forum as well, so that the Blaser haters (Republican tea baggers) have a place to go other than the PF! Actually there is another place where they could go but they ain't going to go there willingly!!!!
Sorry steve, I just could not resist. Now are M-S rifles available anywhere at a reasonable price?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
As far as availability, there are always plenty of older MS's on gunbroker.com and Guns International as well as on the other guns-for-sale websites. They also represent a lot of hunting heritage going back over 100 years.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are fine rifles indeed.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed Steve! At one point I was interested in getting one, but it turns out that all M-S rifles are not created equal and I got so lost in the research about year of manufacture, model etc. that I gave up. Not being a connoisseur meant that I was risking a lot.
I think that James Bond had one, a take down model!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just discuss them in the regular forums (small-bore, medium-bore, big-bore) forums.

We don't have forums for Winchester, Remington, or Ruger rifles, all of which are far more common.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
agreed

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Just discuss them in the regular forums (small-bore, medium-bore, big-bore) forums.

We don't have forums for Winchester, Remington, or Ruger rifles, all of which are far more common.

George

Yeah, but since a Blaser isn't really considered a rifle by most, maybe a forum in between Aviation and Cats would be ok.

Only kidding rotflmo

Oh I'm gonna get it for that flame 2020

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Mannlicher Schoenauer is a thing of beauty; A Blaser is only a thing.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A Blazer is only a thing.

But, an accurate thing, which, in a rifle is important (for some).
IMHO it is also a thing of beauty from an engineering and design perspective
Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
So, Steve, before I lose you, if I were interested in an M-S (should I be including Steyr's?) in an interesting caliber (not 30.06), what should I be looking for?
Peter

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
So, Steve, before I lose you, if I were interested in an M-S (should I be including Steyr's?) in an interesting caliber (not 30.06), what should I be looking for?
Peter

Please take this to a rifle forum.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote