New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another forum suggestion, with merit, I believe Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
A couple of the most recent forum additions haven't exactly taken off in popularity, and Don, Saeed and the mods surely take a very hard look at any new forum suggestion before leaping.
I am suggesting a Texas hunting forum.
Alaska is different enough in geographic location, climate and range of native species to deserve its own forum, I am sure we would all agree.
Not only is Texas by far the largest of the lower 48 states, but less than 5 percent of its 171.9 million acres are public lands. It's the only state that was ever its own country. Some of its most legendary ranches have been planted with exotic species since 1930 -- when nilgai were introduced onto the vast acreage of the King Ranch.
I don't believe any other state comes remotedly close to the exotic game hunting opportunities here, or in the way that game populations are managed.
And Texas is home to the Dallas Safari Club, arguably the best alternative to SCI anywhere.
There is just so much that is unique to the outdoor experience in the Lone Star State that I think it deserves a forum of its own.
And you can bet it would see a lot more traffic than anvil shooting.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good idea, Bill. I know that personally I have put other AR members onto lease contacts over the years. We are not just talking deer, turkey, + excellent wing shooting either. There are lots of exotics, Nilgai in South Texas, + beau coup of hog hunting statewide. You have been here a short time, but already becoming a native son. Wink

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Texas is part of the Lower States, so it can fit within the general American Hunting forum.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got that one right Saeed

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Bill,

Texas is part of the Lower States, so it can fit within the general American Hunting forum.

we're considered part of the "states"? crap! that explains a lot.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know, I know, but even though we have a clause in the Texas Constitution that allows us the right to secede, look what happened the last time. 2020

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote