New
Find
Notify
Tools

A very expensive moose hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got an email the other day for a ten day moose hunt in Alaska for $36,000.

I actually replied asking if that was the correct price or a typo? No answer, yet.

Surely a bull moose hunt can not possibly be that much? Or have I been not paying attention?

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The hunt is out of Fairbanks and is for the first ten days of September, 2019. Extra animals for trophy fees ..

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to find a moose area.....

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds about double from what I’m seeing. Some of the Yukon high end hunts are in the low $20s

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2642 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. You could do a pretty nice African Safari for multiple animals for that kind of money. I’d pass on the moose and hunt the dark continent... Eeker

Posts: 2605 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well if some one is willing to pay that much so be it.

Posts: 19458 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
Wow. You could do a pretty nice African Safari for multiple animals for that kind of money. I’d pass on the moose and hunt the dark continent... Eeker

I’d pass on the dark continent. Forever. Only about two animals there that I’d wanna hunt anyway. I prefer a good unsuccessful wilderness hunt in Alaska for one specie over killing multiple animals in Africa just because I can. One trip there was enough. But that’s just me.
Now with that 36k I wouldn’t mind exploring some hunts in Asia for some goofy goat or sheep....

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

You could do 5 or 6 top European hunts for that sort of money and collect a great range of European trophies across various countries!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2290 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I would take that money and be back in Africa again. After 15 Safaris, Africa does not get old for me. Sorry Jake. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I would take that money and be back in Africa again. After 15 Safaris, Africa does not get old for me. Sorry Jake. Big Grin

+1

But, to each their own!

Posts: 2605 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scruffy,

Certainly seems to be on the very high end. I can do a 11 day moose for $19,500, a 16 day moose/brown bear combo for $28,500, a 12 day moose/Dall sheep $37,000 and a 12 day moose/grizzly for $30,500. I think these prices are high enough and on all these hunts there is a chance of taking a monster moose plus the other game.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12940 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and a 12 moose/grizzly for $30,500.

Mark, sign me up!!! :-)

Posts: 20149 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

You'd have to beat me to that one.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12940 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Biebs: How did you copy Mark's post and leave out the critical word: 'DAY'?! rotflmo jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Biebs: How did you copy Mark's post and leave out the critical word: 'DAY'?! rotflmo jumping

Mark added it after Biebs' post.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7576 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:
I’d pass on the dark continent. Forever. Only about two animals there that I’d wanna hunt anyway. I prefer a good unsuccessful wilderness hunt in Alaska for one specie over killing multiple animals in Africa just because I can. One trip there was enough. But that’s just me.
Now with that 36k I wouldn’t mind exploring some hunts in Asia for some goofy goat or sheep....

For $36K in Asia you could hunt and buy a wife to bring home too.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, No, hunt some exotic animal with curly horns in snow above your excitement hole, get married, honey moon and get divorced fly back 1st class and what happened in Trickastan stays in Trickastan.

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote