THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    I need a partner for Aug./06 bou hunt in Alaska

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a partner for Aug./06 bou hunt in Alaska
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last year, I (and 2 partners) had arranged with Richard Gardner (Delta Jcn.) for 10-day caribou
hunt (forty-mile herd). My son became very ill 6 days prior to scheduled departure; I had to bow out of hunt. My partners got great bucks and lots of grayling, and loved it all.
Richard has allowed me a spot this next summer, but I really want a partner. Please...if anyone may possibly be interested...give me a holler for info. Thanks a million.
Alex Diner
aax1 at bellsouth dot net

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
More info please, I was hoping to do a 'bou hunt next year, I was also hoping to do a Brown Bear hunt this Spring.This damn work thing is getting on my nerves, I just got home after being in the bush about 82 of the last 90 days.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cost is 2500. for outfitted, 10-day hunt from Fairbanks. Drive to Delta Junction (by outfitter), then fly to camp. Only additional fee (license also) is 400 for meat-collecting flight). All supplied except own food. Country is GORGEOUS.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Is there a website I could check out? If not, where is it? What size bulls could a guy get into? What herd?

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please send me your e-mail address. I will send you web-site and data. It *is* a drop-hunt. Neither you (Canadian) nor I (Florida resident...Canadian and American citizen) )need a guide.

One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post
Conifer,
I looked at the Alaska regs and it states " Non-res who are not citizens of the U.S. are required to be personally accompanied in the field by a licensed guide when hunting any species of big game." FYI.

Posts: 194 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK....thanks "Hardballer".....I did not know this.

one of us
posted Hide Post
cmfic1:
Sorry to have to write this but as a nonresident alien, you need a guide for all big game hunting here in Ak. Conifer, as a nonresident, can hunt caribou on his own however. Sorry to splash water on your plans, but "them's the regs". Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Thanx Bear. I knew that already, but thought the regs may have changed.

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
I ran this idea by my wife. She reminded me that she's having a baby the last part of July, first part of August ... Big Grin

Oh well.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell her to join us.....I have NO experience in labor/delivery, but am willing to learn.
Smiler