Find
Notify
Tools

Black Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
I have booked a 7 day boat based Alaskan Black Bear hunt with Alaskan Hunting Adventure Tours http://www.alaskanadventuretours.com for June 1 thru June 7, 2000. I have decided to take advantage of an unexpected opportunity to return to the Selous. Since I cannot swing both hunts, I must sell my Alaskan booking.

I have paid a booking fee of $1750 will sell the booking for $1000 OBO. Balance due on boarding the boat is $1725. Price listed on web site is $3900.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
June 1 thru June 7, 2000.

Is that this year?

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling you would have had a lot more interest if it was a May 1 to May 7th hunt.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Johnson; are you implying that no trophy black bears would be seen the first week in June? I believe the rut is on then, and many big bears with (still) quality hides are taken in S.E. Alaska during that first week.

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been to S.E. and have a friend that lives there. The fact is you will still have a chance at a bear in June but not as good a chance at a good hide as you would early. Just a fact of life.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of good skins to be got on June hunts, in certain places.

Talk with any taxidermist in Craig or in Ketchikan and they will tell you that (shop) hide quality usually goes up in late May into June.