New
Find
Notify
Tools

grizzly mont Ideas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Need some help making decisions on my grizzly mount. I have a bighorn sheep with half odf the body cape to go with the mount. I was thinking of having the sheep bedded down with the grizz comming over a rock at the sheep, one paw up, and the mouth open about 2 inches.
That is all I have though of that might look good.
Anybody got any pictures or Ideas for me.
Thanks

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Thats a wicked idea nube...wish I would've thought of that!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always liked the mounts where the sheep is mounted to look like just a head and cape rolled up and sticking out of an antique backpack resting on a large piece of habitat....with the bear reaching for it.

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a mount that has a dead caribou (1/2 size) that appears to have been partially covered with brush. There is a lifesize black bear and a standing brown bear. It appears that the black bear found the brownies kill and P.O.'d the brownie and is turning around to get the hell out of there. It really makes a beautiful scenic mount, but does take up a hellofa lot of room.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a picture from Reno 2006, where a bear is mounted doing what you describe, only there's a ground squirrel underneath... feel free to remind me to post it here or send you the file, I'm not near the right computer now.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
wtf???

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
that's one happy bear! I hope that was done as a joke?

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One happy bear with an apparantly very rigorous dental hygeine regimen. The bear's dentist is to be commmended. This is one of my biggest taxidermy pet peeves.

rotflmo

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
I looked at that pic again today and laughed my ass off AGAIN !!! animal

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It might look better with a top hat.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys must have huge houses and very tolerant wives to do these kinds of mounts. Big Grin
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
If that bear had a cigar in his paw he could be a double for Milton Burl! LMAF. I believe a taxidermist could take that smile off!

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that is one very talented taxidermist. And a great sense of humor. ROTF

Shawn

clap jumping

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's "too pretty" a bear.

Exactly the same thoughts I had when I saw it.
I'm sorry it didn't turn out more natural. Good looking fur, just too bad it has a smile.

Sure hope those are not natural teeth as they dry out and crack. Always make sure they use plastic teeth in a mount because of that.

I do congratulate you on killing such a fine bear though.

Any chance you'd be willing to share some details on where, what with, who mounted it etc???

Thanks,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote