Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Moose Outfitters ??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ryan
posted
I am researching a moose hunt in Alaska for 2005. Can anyone recommend an outfitter? We are looking for a Moose / Caribou combo hunt with moose being the primary species� hoping for an opportunity at a mature bull - 4 yrs+.

Any comments good or bad are appreciated.

Ryan

Posts: 81 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ryan,
Check your post under Big Game forum.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try Bruce Hallingstad at Sea-Tac Taxidermy (try a Google Search). He's been guiding in Alaska for years. I've been bear and moose hunting with him and done well. Good guy, honest, and reasonable. He's got a new operation going on the peninsula too.

Posts: 81 | Location: too far east | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if u want to save some $. ernie finch specializes on 2x1 hunts. this is a father and son operation that only takes 6 hunters per year in the fairbanks area. they are 100% suuccess in the 3 seasons they have now been operating. including 2 bulls over 205 b.c. they are already booked for 2004 , no surprise. their prices are very reasonable, read cheap. good luck.

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Bob Adams and was very pleased with his services. He takes direct bookings but is also represented by Cabela's and Jack Atchinson.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary (Butch) King hunts the penninsula , Tsiu River Lodge Sam Feje, AAA Brent Jones . These are 3 I would recomend off the top of my head.

Posts: 57 | Location: Long Island NY | Registered: 21 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CZ, check your pm's, please. Thanks.

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Warren Johnson He lives in Kenai. A true first class operator.

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ryan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pointers fellas!

Posts: 81 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 28 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i heard that AAA, is either out or going out of business.

maybe better to look elsewhere.

good luck.

cold zero

posted Hide Post
AAA is still in operation. I received a brochure from them recently and I believe it said they're no longer hunting in Western AK. The list of hunts that they're offering is greatly reduced from years past.