Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Prices of Alaska Hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nishoba01,
I have been out of dodge for a month or so. Polar bear hunt if you are interested as follows. Northwest Terrritories (1) hunter, (2) guides $22,500 average. If you are U.S. citizen C.I.T.E.S. permit to import polar bear parts into the states, very important. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife serve is "NOT" your friend. You as the hunter, will be required to ride in the dog pulled sled. The snow mobile will be pulling gear. Rent their clothes, they know more about the cold than you or I. Cut a track, turn the dogs loose and start running. The dogs will keep the bear from returning to opening in ice.

The viewer that questioned the cost of my most expensive hunt, that deleted their post. Yup you're right I was off, but not by much. Total hunt cost excluding taxidermy fees, BUT, does include wife as an observer. (30) day trip, (23) hunting days. Took (23) species. Country: Tanzania. Total cost $91,330.

Posts: 60 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Why was your presentation at SCI canceled?

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DPhillips,

Back in December, Don Causey and I had a lengthy discussion regarding the content of that seminar. Don thought an open discussion amongst fellow hunters would have some impact. When I shared the content of the letter I received from Captain Howard Starbard of the Alaska Bureau of Wildlife Enforcement he thought differently. I thought and still feel, the issue is without a doubt, enforcement of the laws as they stand. I have proven that point beyond a doubt. The rules that can ruin your hunt are in the statutes and regulations book for big game guides and transporters, not the game laws book from the ADFG. The hunter is not privy to that guides book!!! I encouraged him to have the seminar on his own if he thought my approach was too controversial. When you have advertiser's you can't be controversial. Needless to say, a group of hunter's talking about enforcing laws will not accomplish much. There are some Alaskan guides that do not want the non-resident hunter finding out that they are supposed to be advised of all the rules. Two guides in writing threatened to black ball me from hunting in Alaska. I will share my response to that threat on the updates page of our website.

The Hunting Report had a golden opportunity to help resolve a major problem and they could have taken all the credit for it. They cancelled the seminar, not me, I would have been there. Credit is not what the Huntersbeware website initiative is all about, just a resolve. Hunters beware website will soon have an updates page including all of our findings. We have recently gone to the Alaska legislature. We hope there will be some closure to this issue; we are not going away until there is closure.

Posts: 60 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote