Find
Notify
Tools

458Win can we get a report?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted
Phil, are you going to report on your trial with a double rifle in AK?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MotorCity
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with Phil in a few weeks. I will ask him. I think he out tying up a 65" moose for me. Big Grin

Posts: 239 | Location: Rochester, Michigan | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Plz do and good hunting. The rut should be swinging in a few weeks - shoot straight.

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting for the double to arrive from Lon Paul. He is fitting Talley bases to the quarter rib but discovered that this first rifle was regulated with Kynoch ammo - rather than the Hornady ammo they are now using - so I am waiting for a supply of Kynoch.
I am really looking forward to giving the rifle a fair trial as it look very promising.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil, plz keep us posted.

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck with your hunts Phil. Be careful out there!

Posts: 135 | Location: Colorado Mtns. | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Bear season starts next week and neither I nor Zoli has been able to find any soft nosed 450/400 Kynoch ammo in this country. Hornady thankfully sent me some of their ammo but the rifle I am getting is an early one that was regulated with Kynoch ammo and it shoots 7" apart at 50 yards with the Hornady ammo. ( good groups though)

Also the 416 Ruger I received earlier fed poorly with the flat nosed DGX ammo and they are sending another but it also has not arrived. I'm not all that disappointed as Ole Ugly is always loaded and ready to go.

Guess I'll have a couple new toys to play with during the winter and they should be ready to use during next spring's bear season.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote