New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sarah Palin’s guns?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just curious down here in Florida: what kind and number of rifles and other guns does the First Family of Alaska have?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry22LR:
Just curious down here in Florida: what kind and number of rifles and other guns does the First Family of Alaska have?

What ever they want?? & N.O.Y.F.B. moon

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey tsturm:

Those calluses on the back of your hands are getting pretty bad.

Why don’t you try walking a little taller, so they don’t drag in the dirt so much?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry22LR:
Hey tsturm:

Those calluses on the back of your hands are getting pretty bad.

Why don’t you try walking a little taller, so they don’t drag in the dirt so much?

Wink

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
The question was in bad form as well as the answer.

You dont ask about a persons guns as in how many they have and what are they.

You could say "I heard Palin hunts with an 30-06 is that true?" And get a reply of "oh, yes I think she does."

But if you ask "how many guns does she have and what are they and do they keep them in a safe or under the bed" you will get "NOYFB".

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another one of those questions that belong strictly in the private realm and I'd be concerned about her qualifications, if she gave an anwer. In other words, NOFYB and you should know better than to ask. Big Grin
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You could say "I heard Palin hunts with an 30-06 is that true?"

You could say "I heard Palin hunts with an 30-06 is that true?"

Yes I could have said somesuch, but that would simply be a LIE.

I was aware of no such prohibition about asking about someone else’s guns. In fact, Sarah is now a “public figure†and others far more insidious than me will now be asking.

As a matter of fact, I was thinking that we should build her a rifle, to show our appreciation for her service.

I would hope that her publicly speaking of her guns would encourage other young women to not be too prissy about the subject.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a matter of fact, I was thinking that we should build her a rifle, to show our appreciation for her service.

thumb

Posts: 908 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we WERE to present Sarah’s extended family with a rifle of some sort, what would it be?

Down here in Florida we think our women want light, maybe short-action guns for reduced weight and reduced recoil. But in Alaska, where they hunt for food and shoot larger critters than our whitetail deer, maybe a .375 might be better.

And no doubt the Palin’s would be required to pay IRS taxes on the value of any gift. So if we present them with a high-dollar custom rifle, they would get stuck with taxes on several $thousands.

Maybe the thing to do is to outright buy a nice .375, and to have some engraving done on it to commemorate the occasion of our gift…

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Might be more appropriate to offer Bristol some baby clothes.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
An appropriate rifle might be the one from the cold dead hand, I wish we had people like her over here!!! patriot

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

RM, is something like this what you had in mind?

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
It could be a 375 ,, but a 338 is more in keeping with subsistence/ trophy hunting role most Alaskan females do .....One friend of mine in the Copper Basin uses a 7x57 with Remington factory 175 gr round nose ...Execpt for grizzly , for that she uses her 338 .. LOTS AND I MEAN LOTS of women use the 06 ..some the 308 , many the 270 ...
I got alot of crap over calling the 06 a good ladies caliber ,,, but infact it is ...Wouldn,t suprise me a lick if that was what our Governor and future VP uses ...

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good inputs, Gumboot. Maybe a .338 is a better selection. Sarah has quite an extended family, and I would expect they share rifles. But the distances are so vast that maybe they can’t easily share rifles.

My thinking is that the ’06 might be a more commonly available round, so why not go with something in a larger caliber which might not already be in the Palin inventory. From some comments I’ve seen on this Forum, wooden stocks are not much appreciated in Alaska.

What sort of sights would you suggest on a .338? Iron or scoped?

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
popcornRan into a gal last Wed. that just got back from the Yukon with her wellearned sheep. She'll be heading out to Manatoba soon for a caribou. Uses a .280 IMP and a 30/06. Don't know what Sarah uses and her prowise as far as I can see are still an emotional PIE IN THE SKY. Might not hurt to get a little real about the lady. stirroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While a rifle would be a real nice gift, I'd think our 'lady in waiting' could use something smaller. Say a nice engraved handgun that she could showoff to the media when they're busy hounding her family.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder - let's all be sure to vote!

Posts: 188 | Location: South Dakota, USA | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted Hide Post
Whatever Sarah has, it is one more than Michelle Obama.

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote