New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulse on Covid in Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the current state of the union in Alaska on COVID?
Heading up there bear hunting in about two months (I hope) if this variant does not get everyone worked up and things close down again.
Is there an uptick in cases in Alaska?

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to the media, yes, there has been an uptick in cases over the last few weeks.

Posts: 102 | Registered: 02 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
The TSA is the biggest problem.
The feds still require masks on all airport property, inside and out. Most municipalities and boroughs have said uncle to the shutdowns.

Regardless the case count I'd expect you to be able to fly in and out of Anchorage, in and out of hunting camp with small inconvenience.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am into Anchorage 2 days prior to flying to King Salmon.
My last 5 flights on AA have been delayed or postponed a day. Pretty poor track record recently.
Like everyone else I believe they are having problems getting people back on board. Maintenance crews, baggage handlers, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
The feds still require masks on all airport property, inside and out. Most municipalities and boroughs have said uncle to the shutdowns.

Regardless the case count I'd expect you to be able to fly in and out of Anchorage, in and out of hunting camp with small inconvenience.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
My last 5 flights on AA have been delayed or postponed a day. Pretty poor track record recently.
Like everyone else I believe they are having problems getting people back on board. Maintenance crews, baggage handlers, etc.

quote:

Fly Alaska air. I dig using them as a sportsman.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew up on Memorial day. Rented a truck camper and drove around for 2 weeks, from Homer up to the North Slope. Other than the airport and federal facilities, nobody gave a sh*t about masks. Some tourist services were closed.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:

quote:

But Wenever Air is another story lol

Fly Alaska air. I dig using them as a sportsman.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4731 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alaska Air has the best customer service. No one else is close.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote