Find
Notify
Tools

North! To Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
Hi I just recived a letter fro the office of Frank Murkowski offering a copy of North To Alaska. In order to recive the info i had to fill out a survey. Under expected activited they listed every thing except HUNTING. What kind of people do you have running your state. I would vote this guy out if I was a Alaskan Resident.
Dr B

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't even start on Alaskan politics. We have the Midget and the Ugliest Governor in the History of Politics, and it just gets worse from there. Wanna buy a bridge? But, if you think they are anti-hunting that would be wrong.

Doug

Posts: 85 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 03 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Last time I saw the photos of Lisa Murkowski she wasn't too ugly. Maybe these were glamour shots?

I voted for her too.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I voted for Lisa myself but Dad needs to be tossed out of office.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6605 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I voted for Lisa myself but Dad needs to be tossed out of office.

That's good as long as we don't get another Tony Knowless thumb

Posts: 1103 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree 200%

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6605 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Don't even start on Ak politics. hammering

Tony Knowless is right.

I don't know about the other bridges but the Knik arm bridge would take 80% of the traffic off the Glenn Highway.

If there is to be no Knik arm bridge then widen the Glenn to six lanes each side. Unless you think having traffic backed up from the glenn-Parks to the Parks-palmer wasilla highway every rush hour is O.K.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I agree 200%
Likewise!! pissers Frank

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
It's okay with me, as I don't live in Los Anchorage...

Okay, does that sound harse? Well, that's how the folks in Ketch probably feel when the townies from Anchorage bash that project, yet push the Knik Arm Bridge. I get the impression from reading the Anchorage newspaper, that Anchoragites have little sympathy for the rest of the communities in the State.

Quite frankly thought, it amazes me folks would live with that kind of traffic.

Brian

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I like Los Anchorage, but when I retire from the Navy and move back it's probably going to be back to bush Alaska.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Yeah, don't start on AK politics, Juneau is not really part of the state, and there must be something in the air or water, because those folks go nuts once they head down there Eeker

As far as the Knik Bridge goes, it would open up new land, but I seriously doubt it would do much to relieve traffic from Anchortown out to the Valley, it's actually a longer drive for most folks out there, and once you get to Point Mac, there isn't a highway to run you to Wasilla, yet.

I'd kinda like to see a bridge across Turnagain from Rabbit Creek to Kenai.

It seems like Lisa is doing a decent job. As far as Frank, well, congressmen should never be put in a position of leadership, ie governor, they just don't have it in them.

I'd like to see Sarah Palan for gov, she was one of the few republicans that called foul on Randy Reudrick (sp?) as opposed to the majority of the party that was either silent, or said we'll do anything to win, and Randy's our guy.

Oops, didn't mean to get started Big Grin

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Paul the Palmer wasilla highway connects to the point Mackenzie road. Every car that goes through the Palmer-wasilla and Parks HWY intersection would be better served to go down point mackenzie road.

To make the thing work right the point mackenzie road would need to be widend.

It was only ten years ago that the glenn highway at the knik river was only a two lane (one lane each way) opposing road too.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sourdough
posted Hide Post
The Knik crossing would not cut off any travel for the folks in Wasilla, but it would give them an alternate route. It would take a lot of the traffic from the Glen Highway. But most important Anchorage has run out of room and needs that area across the arm to grow. Also eventually those mines that are going in down near Iliamna would want to be connected by road or railroad and it isn't that far from Knik. Knik has a deep water port, Anchorage does not. Hay, it's called progress, it's going to happen, the question is when. I saw the plans for that bridge in a German Engineering magazine back in 1984 while in Europe.

Gun Control means Hitting your target

Posts: 30 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I say we move anchorage to california where it belongs.Then the gay rights ,animal rights kids can be molested by barney there.Anchorage has little to do with the rest of Alaska.Dont forget the roiad from Juneau to Skagway that would have 500 avalanche shutes.I thinks its 230 million or so and connect the capital juneau which is a out skirt of Seattle.You have to get away from the big cities in Alaska to see the real Alaska,then you have to fly out to see how it use to be.Alaska has 5 politicians for every voter seems like.I once saw a city council office be voted for with a vote of 3 to 4 votes for this guy.Alaska would be alot better place with a lot less politics.Alaska is the most awesome place on earth but it has 5 million laws and regulations that make sure that hunting will not be in its future.The natives made it in Alaska 10,000 years with plenty of moose and caribou.Then the wonderful govt messed with the moose, wolves,bear and caribou.There are lots of areas where you will see no moose or caribou due to wolves and moose.I also love how they manage fire up here.A little fire for regrowth is good but letting the whole state burn is bs.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sourdough
posted Hide Post
Since Alaska was bought by the United States, we are a colony. We may have been granted statehood, but the people still look at Alaska as a colony. The people in the lower 48 feel they should have a say in everything we do here. We can't pass state laws, or regulate hunting and fishing, without their approval. And half the people in the lower 48 think we are a small island off the coast of California.

Gun Control means Hitting your target

Posts: 30 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the hell you mean we ain't an island? Did Kodiak run aground somewhere?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I dated a blond once that said "You wont be that far away from Nevada your just off the coast of California".Its Californians that move to Anchorage that scew up Alaska.Just watch the movie Grizzley Man that is what is in their heads about grizzleys.They are sweet and very cuddley and will be your friend.Yes they will down to the last bite.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One only has to drive up there to realize how far it is. I made the first trip in 1974 when the Alcan still had 1200 miles of gravel.

6 days in a 1970 chev Belair with a smashed in trunk.

Flying just doesn't do it justice.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sourdough:
Since Alaska was bought by the United States, we are a colony.

What about the Louisiana Purchase?

Brian

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote