New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another "is" question.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Big Grin So, is the 35whelen a brown bear rifle?

I'm shooting a 225gr TSX at just under 2600fps, how would that work for brown bear?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
That would work just fine and with 280 swifts it'd be a stopper as well.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark

I'd think with that combo you'd be well armed. Bigger is better but if I shot that rifle well I'd have no problems hunting anything with it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had the .35 Whelen on my wish list for some time now and I think it would make one heck of a Moose round.....yeah I'd chase Brownie's with it!

Wow, I just thought of a way for me to get a Whelen! I'm taking my wife b.bear hunting in the fall of "07" and she'll use a .270 or an "06"...following me here...take that "06" and bingo.....maybe she will have a Whelen in her hands on the Penninsula in "07"!

How's the recoil of a Whelen compared to a .30-06? They gotta be close...I would think.

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys Cool So far I've taken a couple of 700 pound plus animals with that rifle and load, it has worked well. Plus I plan to do some more field testing this summer on zebra, eland and kudu. Big Grin I like this rifle, the way it shoots and how it feels in my hands. Plus the recoil aint bad at all, my wife can even handle it and she is a diehard 270 fan because of the light recoil.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote