THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Any body else use 416 Rem mag in Alaska?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any body else use 416 Rem mag in Alaska?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that alot more 416 rem mag shooters are in Alaska.I use 410 gr woodleigh bullets as my brush load.I also shoot 350 gr speer mag tip bullets that are less expensive but shoot very good.My favorite long range load was the 325 gr barnes loaded to 2800 fps but they quit making them.I bought up a bunch of the Remington 350 gr swift loads also .They shoot good in my gun also.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
I do. I moved up to a .416 Remington a couple of years ago. Best move I have made. I kills the big brownies real quick when the client makes a bad hit. And I love the way it takes moose down. Used a .375 H&H before that its real good too. But one bad experence moved me up the ladder. Used 400 grain Trophy bonded but have now moved to the North Fork 370 Gr. Serengetti Rifles just put a great laminated stock on it and a ton of other work and it looks great. I highly reccomend them for nice work and great people.. They are doing my 375 H&H next...Well see ya,,, Maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
I use one built on a Dakota action that is affectionately known as the "black hammah". It weighs 8 lbs ready to go. I shoot the 370gr Northfork at 2400 and have been very happy with its performance.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Antlers<> What's your load for your 370 Gr. Northfork??? Maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
I used a CZ 550 American in 416 Rigby shooting 350 TSX's for my brownie last September and loved the way it shot and the results.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote