Find
Notify
Tools

Largest Moose
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
What Area of Alaska produce the largest Moose. I'm intrested in a drop off hunt, any recomendations for a service.
Thanks
Dr B

posted Hide Post
Dr b
Many places in Alaska have large moose.Adrop off hunt is not hte way to approach hunting a trophy moose.Although there are successful drop off hunters your chances increase 10 flod when you hire a reputable outfitter.I am an asst guide in Ak & know a great outfitter w/ a great success ratio.Money well spent in the long run.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Baylor,

The drop off hunt worked for me many times as a resident. Having said that though there are so many things to take into consideration if you've never done this type of hunt that I couldn't recommend it. I think Slasher is 100% right about money well spent on a guide.

Also if you are not in pretty descent shape and have a buuddy that also is in pretty good shape you don't even want to consider a DIY moose hunt. I hunted sheep DIY and all manner of other AK game and nothing is quite the task of butchering and packing out a really big bull moose. Guys get too excited every year and shoot one that they just are not prepared or able to pack out. Those guys end up with their names in the paper and heavy fines for wanton waste.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote