Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tsui river/Fejes
 Login/Join

posted
intere. in some/all info on Tsui river and Sam Fejes guideservices. Thanks in adv

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I know he had a good rep in SCI when I still belonged. I am familiar with the BC side of that area and there are some big animals up there. Mostly very remote country.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1818 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Tsiu River is good country for silver fishing, goats, moose and big bears. From the Bering River east to Cape Yakataga has produced some big bruins.

Absolutely stunning scenery when the weather allows you to see it or stand upright. It's hard country, thick with alder and devils club, rugged mountains and the Bering Glacier.

Can't comment on Fejes.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
I spent 10 days last October on the Tsiu river with Alaska Expedition at the Driftwood lodge. Silver salmon fishing was excellent and the duck hunting was very good. The host "Charles Allen" the owner who also owns Knives of Alaska was a great host and "IKeem" the gourmet cook kept everyone happy and content with his outstanding meals. We arrived in a cessna 206 and a Cabela' hunting crew left in our arrival plane. They collected a 62" bull moose with archery and a nice brown bear with rifle. Also, they had to shoot a charging brown bear that was documented on film and aired on the "Outdoor channel" under Cabela's Outfitter Journal for the first time on 18 Jul 2006. I believe there are three lodges on the Tsiu river. Depending on what you are after one or more lodges should accomandate your desires. Take a side trip up the Tsivat, beautiful country with lots of big game!

http://www.alaskaexpedition.com/host.htm

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post
+1

I'd be interested in additional feedback on Sam Fejes as well.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on d philips.

top country or choice for an area for moose.

good luck.

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Ethically shaky. They don't call him "Same Day Sam" for nothing.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chisana:
Ethically shaky. They don't call him "Same Day Sam" for nothing.

you said it not me. Wink isn't his brother short a plane for doing just what you mentioned a few years back (1999?).

Cold Zero

One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe so. That plane is probably painted blue, gold and white now!

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it may have been 2000, i was in the area when it happened. stir

Cold Zero