Find
Notify
Tools

Re: phantom jet boats
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted
I have had a Woodridge "Alaskan" with a 105 jet Outboard 21' boy I love that boat. I have a 9.9 HP Honda Kicker on the back, once while upriver on the Yukon my lower Drive went out, and I had to use the kicker to get back, That is why I like to hunt up river, that current is bad on Yukon.

I also have a Grumman Frighter 19' Canoe with a Lift and I use my Honda 9.9 to get back in the streams above Coldfoot, works great.

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the hull thickness?It says it's only .125",is that correct?If so I wouldn't make it a habbit of running to many gravel bars.Jets are great for shallow rivers,I love mine.I don't find the jets any harder on fuel than a big outboard.I run a 18' marathon with a 175SJ and 1/4" hull with full camper top and a 5hp kicker,I burn 6 gal/hour @35mph.Just remember in shallow water don't look down just keep looking ahead for dangers and keep her pinned!Nothing gets the heart pounding more than 4" of water at 45mph-great fun.

Posts: 120 | Location: yukon | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote