Find
Notify
Tools

Brown Bear hunt part II
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted
Did not mean to hi-jack Dr B's post. Here are some more pics that you might enjoy. Guys, I solo hunted because I could not find a back up gunner. My time in Alaska is coming to an end here soon because of my job. I knew that once I leave Alaska, I will never be able to afford a hunt such as this so I went. It was exciting because in your mind you know that anything can happen and you have to be fully alert almost all the time. I am not much of a story teller so here are the pics.

Posts: 194 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff and thanks for the pics, HARDBALLER.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Meant to ask, in the top pic is that 2 or 3 bears in it? Can't tell if there is a 3rd to the far right.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
You hunted up there solo,that really takes balls thumbGreat photos.What did you shoot your bear with?

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post
DB, Just 2 bears in that pic. The bears and I were travelling opposite directions along the lake. I took their pics and watched them. after a while they had enough of me and continued their direction of travel but went around me.
TOP_PRED, actually these bears weren't too bad, there was still a salmon run so they were fed. Glad I was not on their menu. I shot my bear with a 300 Win Mag, 200 gr Partition. Made my stalk and got to about 50 yds and planted one in it's back vertebrae while it was feeding. Went down with one shot.

One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great posts and pics HARDBALLER and thanks. I'm betting you're getting a butt load of PM's on this! Smiler

DB

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
HARDBALLER,

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but if you hunted solo, who took the first picture?

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you can tell from the relative size of ears to head there are some nice bears. ears far back on side of head, etc. great photos. what did your bear suare after skined out?

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HARDBALLER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
HARDBALLER,

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but if you hunted solo, who took the first picture?
BOWHUNR
You're not the only one that asked that question Wink. Self timer. Andrew Air dropped me off on Oct. 27th. Garrett was the pilot of the 206.