THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Need info on two outfitters; Wayne Woods & Mike Bowden

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on two outfitters; Wayne Woods & Mike Bowden
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Guys:

Need some info from the guys from AK or some guys who have hunted with these two outfitters.

First Hidden Alaska Mike Bowden and second Woods Outfitters, Wayne Woods.

My buddies booked a 21 day hunt with Mike Bowden for Grizz, Moose, wolf, Dall sheep and Caribou... dunno seems like alot of animals in one hunt. They booked at the Eastern Sports and Outdorr show in Harrisburg PA.

Other is Wayne Woods, nice guy seems like the real deal. I was thinking of booking a nine day billy hunt with him and just maybe coinside it with a brown bear hunt.

What say any words of wisdom on these two outfitters.

Regards... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've guided for wayne a couple times and can say flat out you won't go wrong, he's got a hiddne treasure of a brown bear area and his goats are awesome and underhunted in my opinion. He's a little flaky but funny, Kale and Blake are his go to guides and both are great. Nice set up for a camp, good gear, good guides. You'll get your monies worth outa wayne for sure.
Don't know anything about the other guy your asking about.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Fortyonesix

Thanks for the info, I was starting to think no one knew these outfitters at all.

Regards.. Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
they aren't forum active kinda guys so the word don't spread quit as fast is all....guys that are active in forums get alot of press (just ask me!!) real fast just because our names are out there alot and we post our pics for guys to see.
Waynes a good guy, tell him Jake Jefferson sent you over and told him he was good. Ask for Kale as your guide, you'll like him.

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Fortyonesix:

Thanks bud I will do that.

Take care... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

One of Us
Picture of zambeziman
posted Hide Post
Hi PaHunter, I just saw your post and I am given you a triple A plus rating on Wayne Woods! I have hunted with Wayne many times, I have taken 2 really good Mt.Goats with him along with everything else that Alaska has to offer, my first trip with Wayne was in 1986 for Grizzly, he is the real deal and has some top exclusive areas available to him, one of his areas on the coast has been producing many record book Brownies,, I am planning a spring hunt 2010 with him now.
Good luck to you with your hunt!

John

Posts: 77 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wayne has one area thats exclusive, but it hasn't been puttin' out like it did when he first got it. his other area on the coast is still puttin' out great bears. he kills some great bears over there for sure!
they'll even let you shoot one with a .50 BMG at 800 yards if you want, take the hunt right outa it and just shoot it from the valley floor...not sure if they charge extra for that...lol

Master guide #212

One of Us
Picture of zambeziman
posted Hide Post
His coastel area is hot as ever still producing very big bears he has added another 6+ bears into the record book, you will not go wrong hunting with Wayne Woods.

John

Posts: 77 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote