Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Canvas tent for alaska???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

We are all in our late thirties and are starting to feel it.

greg p,

You are a bunch of kids! Come with me on the goat hunt and I'll show you what "starting to feel it" is all about! As to the tent...get the bestest and most expensive there is. And get the "lazyboy" brand cot cuz I'm squattin in on the moose camp this year!

best,
bhtr

Posts: 223 | Location: Soldotna, Alaska | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys.

Kifaru Teepee's? The advertising seems great - and the testimonials are (surprisingly)all excellent! Anyone out there with real world experience that is positive/negative?

rgds Ian

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ian,

You are not going feral on us?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.tipikifaru.com/tipi8man.htm

Pete - You have a PM. Ian

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer canvas tents that have walls at least 4-foot high. Five feet high are even better, but a tent with a 7-foot ridge and 4-foot walls is not bad at all, since the cots are placed along the walls, leaving a wide path under the ridge to walk around.

Cabela's Wall tents are expensive since the floor, screen doors, etc. are optional. However these canvas tents are of excellent quality. You must have a screen door if you use one in Alaska, and the screen must be tight enough to stop "no seeums"? (sorry about the spelling).

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote