New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best gun shops in Anchorage
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
From what I can tell, GNG does as much (probably more) than anyone else in town with the general hunting crowd. Barneys does a lot in the clothing and accessories side of things particularly with the mountain guys. None of them are putting Wal-mart out of business but they do pretty good. One way to tell if a shop is any good is by seeing if they can hang onto their employees...then again, as discussed above, that's not always good. thumbdown

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I try to make GNG one of my favorite haunts. I have bought several guns from them along with selling quite a few there too. The guys have always been extremely freindly and helpfull. Recently I got an old set of redfeild rings and for the life of me couldn't find a allen wrench that would fit it. Stopped by there and they outfitted me with all new screws out of their odds and ends box. Turned out that leupold ring screws were a dead ringer, lucky me. These guys are all class acts and its been the same few guys that have worked there for the last 6 odd years I have lived up here.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I like dealing with Don at boondocks in Eagle River as he is consistant and fair. Walter at the Antique gallery is a bit of a shyster but good deals can be made there and he has a fantastic collection. Joe at GNG is hot and cold. He has given me some great deals over the past twenty five years and royally screwed me on others. He is what he is but all in all it is the best shop in town.
For what it is worth -- his brother Art apparantly was the guide in the current thread about the plane crash and the unhappy client FMC.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4203 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Y'all seem to be missing Walter Earl's Gun Room in the Antique Gallery in Anchorage...now, he's got the stuff...prices are high, but negotiate...he has more stuff scattered all over the country as I think he sells more at shows than from the store!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2676 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Uhhh... No I mentioned it earlier..
$pendy but top notch iron..

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote