Notify
Tools

POLAR BEARS aren't THAT tough...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Little kids swimming nose to nose...
just like big white puppies clap

NOW as they say for the rest of the story..
http://www.polarbearhabitat.ca/

Cochrane Ontario..
While in Cochrane, you may enjoy popular tourist attractions such as the Polar Bear Habitat, a rescue and rehabilitation facility. Visitors to the facility can view the polar bears in their natural environment and watch their day-to-day antics.

As well, if you are looking for a closer encounter with these majestic animals, you can choose to swim alongside the bears in a separate wading pool adjacent to the bear pool.

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
A poor attempt at a Photoshop.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can just read the bears mind "too bad there is this pesky wall there, they look tasty!"

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Lawdog

Are you mentally defective or insane?

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NOT photoshop
REAL
go to the habitat website.
it is a pool with protective glass

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
And we wonder why our urban children grow up with the distorted view of wildlife and everything associated with it. Frowner

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I THINK it would be REALLY interesting to talk to the operators and see if the bears hit the pool and go to the glass everytime someone is in the pool with them?

ever been to a zoo? the lions don't pay attention to the people at all. it should be the same for the bears... but do they ignore the tourists or do they hit the water just on the off chance the glass will fail that one time?
Think it would be some interesting info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LAWCOP:
I THINK it would be REALLY interesting to talk to the operators and see if the bears hit the pool and go to the glass everytime someone is in the pool with them?

ever been to a zoo? the lions don't pay attention to the people at all. it should be the same for the bears... but do they ignore the tourists or do they hit the water just on the off chance the glass will fail that one time?
Think it would be some interesting info.

I think that "Binky" the bear from Anchorage was much more interesting. Here is one story:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binky_(polar_bear)

Posts: 1103 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Lawcop

Apologies.I see now what the story is but yes what a very distorted view this gives to the younger generations. Ridiculous.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
I was also thinking "Photochopped" and a pretty good job too! Glad I went to the site.

Another good interaction, here...

A NOT so good interaction, GRAPHIC!

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
The last photo on the second link was posted here before with the claim that it was a self-inflicted (albeit accidental) shotgun accident.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw those Polar Bears while I was in Cochrane black bear hunting last year. They are big bears.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me the bear is looking at the menue, that is just what the public needs to see doctored photos showing how cuddly these little bears are, didn't that goof who tried to live with the bears attempt this seems like the bears waited for him to bring another dumb one from californis before the dinner bell rang

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
well on the ice there is two things, the polar bear and food, and you arnt a polarbear.

On Svalbard,the Norwegian state offshore where ,
It is mandatory to have a rifle with you when you walks outside or be accompanyed by a guard with one. There is also many who carryes a revolver.
clap if it was just so over our whole kingdom!!
Perhaps i should get a job there and be a "soldier of fortune" or to put in the application : Have guns will travel, need a pc with access to AR 24/7 Big Grin

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Other than the stupidity of promoting this kind of image for a predator at the top of the food chain, Nuthins that tough, if you put a hole in the right place. Big Grin
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
The pack of retards that put that idea together should be left out on the ice to see what bears are really like...

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you guys read the part about how polar bears smile?

http://www.polarbearhabitat.ca/emotion.html

Posts: 249 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW, they can read too!!!!!! bewildered
http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/scrapbook/details.asp?id=149