THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Hunting Black Bears with dogs in Alaska

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Black Bears with dogs in Alaska
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that its legal but has anyone done this in Alaska.There are so many grizzleys where I live that I would think that maybe 1 in 20 would be a black bear.Every time that friends bait for black bears they get Grizzleys.I dont know why they dont just let us bait for griz to reduce the numbers.They did for the birst time around Tok this year.I know it would be fun with dogs for either kind of bear if they let you.I was wondering if anjyone had done this?

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Besides the grizz one could run into. Keeping up with the dogs could be a major propblem. It is nothing for bears to run for miles with a pack on its heels. With out a good road system and rough country one would be in for a hard time keeping up.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sourdough
posted Hide Post
It's legal to bait for Grizzlies in the Tok area, I know several people that did last year the first year it was legal. Running them with dogs is not legal, except with a special permit from F&G. Running them with dogs would not be pratical anyway, you could not keep up with the dogs. Alaska is a lot differant than Wyoming, Montana, Arizonia, or New Mexico. There you use horses to follow the dogs. Don't work in Alaska, first bog and the horse is useless.

Gun Control means Hitting your target

Posts: 30 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote