THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Need thoughts quickly-flying to Juneau

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need thoughts quickly-flying to Juneau
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have flights into Anchorage and then to Juneau to hunt goats with Bruce Parker next week. Stupid me but I just realized I could go to Seatle and then direct to Juneau without having to do Anchorage. Anyone done this and is it a reliable routing,,weather, etc.

Please PM me if you wish.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fly home to Fairbanks from the lower 48 a lot, and I've had better luck making flights that were straight shots to Fairbanks from Seattle than ones that went from Anchorage to Fairbanks. I don't know if it's the same for Juneau.

"Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Posts: 83 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yup - straight to juneau - if its still around stop at the cookhouse for a burger & some of that great alaskan amber

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seattle to Juneau is the best way to go.

Posts: 30 | Location: Juneau Alaska | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone. We have changed our tickets to go in to Juneau from Seattle and then out of Ketchikan to Seattle. We are tagging on some days with Kurt Whitehead for Sea Ducks and Blacktail. Anyone hunted with him?

Larry

York, SC

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
J-town has been fogged in pretty good the last few days. The Wife and kids plane turned around and went back to Seattle last night. Fog is just burning off now at noon.

It's the time of year that we can get some serious fog when it clears off.

I alway take a non-stop from SEA to JNU if at all possible. Don't like stopping in K-town if it can be avoided. And definately don't take a plane that make 2 stops.

Presume you are going after goat in Endicott or Tracy Arm. Don't know anything about your guides. A bit early for deer as the rut doesn't start till about Halloween.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim in Katy
posted Hide Post
Always best to fly from Seattle to Juneau direct. Just returned from hunting brown bear
with Bruce Parker. His new Boat is really nice
to hunt on. All the comforts of Home. I know
you will have a wonderful time.

Posts: 38 | Location: Katy, Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I know Kurt and can say with all confidence that you'll get some shooting. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Posts: 7 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
quote:
His new Boat is really nice
to hunt on. All the comforts of Home.

But ugly as sin. Smiler

Brian

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote