New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rivers West's new "LAW" Garmets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone seen/felt or tried this new material? I was wondering if you wore Under Armour's cold gear with a quality fleece pull over (S) and pants if you would be warm enough in SE AK in the beginning of November. I understand this material is thinner and lighter in weight than the original material, but I still believe in good layers for warmth. The Rivers West would shed the rain. I would be doing a good bit of hiking with some sitting, so I was thinking lighter the better, but it still has to keep me warm.

Thanks

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
I have tried on a new Rivers West jacket. It's like wearing a thin wetsuit... not as tight, but nylon faced neoprene ~1/8" - 3/16" thick IIRC. The only vents are from elbow to armpit and I wouldn't want to hike in it... I'd be wet on the inside after 30 mins. I would put it on after hiking, once I started to sit for awhile and have no doubt that it would keep you warm and probably with less layers than one might think. It'll definitely keep you dry.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brian. I was actually looking at their new Stalker series jacket and pant because the jacket has a fully ventilated upper back and chest. Plus, you have the underarm zippers, like you speak of, if you need more ventilation.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote