New
Find
Notify
Tools

ADF and the Dalton highway
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Did anyone else catch that bit about the ADF setting up check points on the dalton highway? Whats the deal can they stop and search cars? or are our local wanna be's just out playing soldier to feel important?

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
What's the ADF?

But yes, I heard about that on the news. No big deal, it's in response to the hightened security level. A minor nuisance to help protect a national interest.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Did anyone else catch that bit about the ADF setting up check points on the dalton highway? Whats the deal can they stop and search cars? or are our local wanna be's just out playing soldier to feel important?

Well, Im not in, nor have I ever been in, or have any desire to be in, the ADF. But, having seen them, they are mostly retired military, many with higher ranks including LTC, MAG, 1SG, CSM, etc with much experience including many combat vets. I wouldn't call them wanna be anything, I would refer to them as Been There, Done That, Got the T-Shirt types that give their time at low compenstion to serve their state. They have done enough to serve their country and state that they deserve some respect and dont need to do anything to feel important. So whats your claim to fame?

The ADF is the Alaska Defense Force. A state Militia force that can be ordered into service by the Governor. They sometimes operate as a additional police force and in the past have aided in disaster relief efforts. See state statute AS 26.05.070

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote