One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted
You guys ok up there?

https://weather.com/news/news/...a-earthquake-impacts

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have checked with two. They were fine. No power but unharmed.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of damage.
Our office building has cosmetic damage, water heater leaking, but it will be several days before we can check for structural damage.
All our people are ok and left to check on family and their own homes.
I've heard about lots of water (flooding) in houses / buildings.
So far I haven't heard of any deaths, but its a real mess.

Posts: 444 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some pictures on Facebook that are astounding.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Any word from Scott King????

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw a lot of pics on FaceBook too. Our youngest daughter, husband and four boys live in Eagle River. Some damage to their home-two cracks in the ceiling-one upstairs and one downstairs; most of the damage in the kitchen due to everything glass breaking and cupboards dumping out. Glenn Highway is an absolute mess and it will take a long time to repair. She said that the Glenn Highway bridge over the Eagle River has been compromised, as well as the other bridge over the Eagle River going the back way to town. She said that they spent about 12 hours cleaning up the mess in the house, but electricity, gas and water are all on. Boiling water to drink right now, due to advisory to do so.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Dillingham is about 300 miles away from the epicenter. He was celebrating his birthday at home yesterday so I believe he and his family will be safe and sound.

Thank God Scott is the type that doesn't like big cities. I know that some people in Rural Alaska look for any excuse(such as a birthday) to spend a few days in the big city.

We do have quite a few AR members in the Anchorage area. I hope they are safe!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, Jim & Joyce, are you guys OK?

Thinking of you today! wave

Posts: 2628 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rnovi:
You guys ok up there?

https://weather.com/news/news/...a-earthquake-impacts

A little bit of road damage on the Kenai, Lucky!! dancing

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
Son-in-law is okay. He was in Anchorage on business.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
We are fine. In Delta Junction hunting Bison. Never felt it. Our house is fine. Lost some glassware and plates and some skulls fell out of our display case our neighbor told us.

Thanks for asking.

J&J

quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

Gracias Amigo!
Nice to be thought of.
Didn't feel a thing, but you know me C, generally numb from the neck up and it appears quite possibly from the neck down also.
Big Grin

Posts: 9497 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
We are fine. In Delta Junction hunting Bison. Never felt it. Our house is fine. Lost some glassware and plates and some skulls fell out of our display case our neighbor told us.

Thanks for asking.

J&J

quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:

Glad to hear that J&J!! Smiler

posted Hide Post
A lot of busted china and dishes and pictures, everything at home in eagle river that wasn`t tied down fell or flipped over inside house, big screen survived a little scuffed and chipped on top as it flipped . Dog freaked out still freaked out, wife came home ok from anchorage , oldest daughter drove home from palmer with grand baby highways a mess in parts. 11 year old daughter is freaked out had to drive up and get her from school. power on now, gas on ,water on. Just got done fixing pipes that broke on furnace and house is heating up. No gas leaks or water leaks yet but some after shocks hitting now. And enjoying a beer hoping for the best. Ready to run if need be . Aaron

Posts: 2 | Location: Anchorage , AK | Registered: 22 April 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We're in mid town Anchorage and got off pretty lucky. A few minor repairs to our boiler and furnace that required the gas and water to be shut off for about 6hrs but nothing major. My office on Fireweed was hit hard and I had a number of another sets with busted skull plates when I pulled my head in this morning. Ceiling tiles almost all in the floor must of the lighting as well. The building needs a safety inspection before we can reenter.

My kids (5&3) are both pretty stressed out and the aftershocks are doing their best to keep that stress up. Just had another decent rumbler last 10 seconds as I'm writing this holding my daughter in bed. They'll be fine in a couple days.

Posts: 254 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the reports on where you live.

Good luck to all of you Alaskans!!

On last night’s news, it was reported that some officials in Washington D.C. didn’t know that New Mexico was a state in the union, and refused a man who had just moved to D.C. from New Mexico, a marriage certificate without an international passport! After checking and rechecking the statehood facts three times... I wonder what they think of Alaska? I hope they know you were our 49th state!!! Perhaps then you will receive some federal aid. Pronto! Frowner

one of us
posted Hide Post
Checked on my guy 7 miles from the epicenter. Mostly he has a mess to clean up but no significant damage to home or equipment. Roads are a mess and he may have to fly to Anchorage on Sunday to pick his wife up but all is fixable.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
My house was basically untouched. My office was a bit of a mess from things falling off shelves and acoustic tiles "sprinkling" on 1,900sq ft of office. Everyone ok. Some didn't fair so well. An employee's house dropped 2 feet with plenty of structural damage.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a heck of a roller (not a shaker) even up here in Fairbanks. 350 miles from the epicenter and Mt. McKinley and the Alaska Range in between us! The house swayed pretty good for a solid 30 seconds or more. The wifey said it was just like how it felt in 64' when the big one hit.

Posts: 71 | Location: The Last Frontier | Registered: 03 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a pipe leak and flooded my house day before Thanksgiving while I was out of state. About 50 K worth of damage was covered under insurance
thankfully, most of my stuff was boxed up for the quake and damage about 3 k which is not covered, deductible on quake insurance runs about 20%
of value. Epicenter for quake very close to Eagle River, hit hard here.

A lot more fortunate than most. A lot of stores still not open , houses not livable but no loss of life! 2010 Haiti 7.0 quake had over 150K loss of life.

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
My friend in Delta Junction said only real thing he notice was his well water turned rusty colored

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We're just finishing up the new Alaska Airline hangar at the airport. I'm told the sway brace cables on the light fixtures all snapped on just one side. It was like a sharp punch hit the building initially and before the fixtures could begin to travel with the building the 1/4 guy cables were stressed beyond holding. the fixtures were fine and never fell but unbelievable force on the away to snap those cables. Besides that the building sustained superficial sheet rock damage.

Our building faired well structurally. Lots of sheet rock damage and tile damage for a slab heaving. We already had a structural engineer inspection and received an occupancy permit.
We were very lucky.
Our crews are still buried just on earthquake repair and it sounds like we'll continue repairs/rebuilds throughout 2019.

Posts: 444 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote