Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun for bear protection.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted
Here is the shotgun for bear protection.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/support/video/1442sx3.wmv

12 rounds in 1.44 seconds.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang, chop that bbl down to about 18" and it would be great.

1.4seconds, thats fast.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
...I thot we went around this ,,shotgun, bear protecion topic last winter ...

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Don't remember seeing this shotgun. How long has the super x3 been out?

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
at least 3-4 years

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13238 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
I assume the shooter in the demonstration is firing with light birdshot. How fast do you think one could accurately fire with heavy magnum buckshot loads or slugs?

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must be some porting....muzzle doesn't come up at all.

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
What is light bird shot ?

1 ounce load at 1200FPS?

one ounce of 000 buck is 7 pellets instead of 9. Twelve of these could sever a bears head clear off its neck. How about twelve shots of split shots on a steel cable.

This is only for warm weather though. I have seen auto shotguns that will only cycle about once ever second when it is freezing out!!!

For me the ultimate bear protection would be an M1 Garand and a 10-20 round mag full of 200 partitions. But this is not a shotgun. This thread is about shotguns.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMiller:

For me the ultimate bear protection would be an M1 Garand and a 10-20 round mag full of 200 partitions.

Nahhhh. Bore it out .35 Whelen and go with 250 gr. A-Frames!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Nice.

9.3x62 and 286 barnes TSX

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[
For me the ultimate bear protection would be an M1 Garand and a 10-20 round mag full of 200 partitions. But this is not a shotgun. This thread is about shotguns.[/QUOTE]

M1 Garand`s only hold 8 rounds.You must be referring to a M14.Better yet would be a Chain Gun.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Copidosoma
posted Hide Post
Eeker

I'd LOVE to see someone fire that with magnum rounds or slugs.

rotflmo

I suspect the first 2 MIGHT hit the bear.

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is light bird shot ?

1 ounce load at 1200FPS?

one ounce of 000 buck is 7 pellets instead of 9. Twelve of these could sever a bears head clear off its neck. How about twelve shots of split shots on a steel cable.

This is only for warm weather though. I have seen auto shotguns that will only cycle about once ever second when it is freezing out!!!

For me the ultimate bear protection would be an M1 Garand and a 10-20 round mag full of 200 partitions. But this is not a shotgun. This thread is about shotguns.

A 1-ounce load of 00 buck or a slug with 3" mags is going to kick a Hell of a lot more tham what he was shooting. You might be able to shoot it as fast but I doubt it's going to be very controllable after the first couple of shots. I've seen guys use this very model at 3-gun matches fire very fast with lighter loads but when it came time for slugs it was a different story.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Federal makes a low recoil load of 00 buck in a 2 3/4 shell.

9 pellets at @1200 fps.

This should like a target load of 1 1/8 shot at 1200 which were the lightest 12 guage loads I could find.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Federal makes a low recoil load of 00 buck in a 2 3/4 shell.

9 pellets at @1200 fps.

This should like a target load of 1 1/8 shot at 1200 which were the lightest 12 guage loads I could find.

Would you want to use that load for bear protection? I know I wouldn't. Give me some good full-power Brenekes and I'll gladly shoot just a tad slower.

-+-+-