Tools

Re: Just moved to Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
Quote:

yourself up on Kotzebue, please drop by for coffee. ~~~Suluuq

This is why Alaska is different from the south,a person tells you it okay, and to drop by for coffee when you are near them, now that is like America use to be,I say this to let other poeple understand how ALASKA AND THE POEPLE HERE ARE,UP FRONT FRIENDLY AND KIND,dam good people here.

Yep, the lower 48 can now be refered to as "lower" for good reason. The disposition of its citizens in general has gone to hell in a handbasket. I think there are still a lot of fine individuals in the rural areas, but in the bigger metropolis, forget it.

Congradulations on making it.

Posts: 10156 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our Great State. One thing you will have to remember though is that there is Alaska and then there is Anchorage. Don't even think that Anchorage is part of Alaska. Spent my first 12 years in Alaska in Sitka. Commercial fished in the Craig, Hydaburg area. If you ever get out to the Bethel direction the coffe is on me. Heck even a fishing trip or something.

Posts: 1058 | Location: Lodge Grass, MT. Sitka, Bethel, Fort Yukon, Chevak, Skagway, Cantwell and Pt. Hope Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Yep Allen, I think Sitka is finally recovering from your days here. Still see your name listed as a salmon derby winner too.

So Kev, ya finally made it, congrats! Nice place too, although I've never actally been on the ground in Thorne Bay. I may end up down your way in the next couple months to do some commercial shrimping. Here's our new boat...

I imagine tags are still expensive, until next year, but hopefully you can get a deer or two before winter.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote