THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    SPEAKING OF bags.. anyone use/tried/owned wiggys..

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPEAKING OF bags.. anyone use/tried/owned wiggys..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
and what that multi system they advertise is all about?
good for wet weather use?
quality?

Was on their website but couldn't find the explanation for their "ftrs" was all about.
thanks

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From reports at Pristine Adventures and 24 Hour Campfire, it appears folks either love them or hate them. Appears custom service, especially from the factory is abusive at best.

Been enough for me to go with high quality bags from other vendors.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawcop,

I have a Wiggys, I think it is called the hunter or someting like that it is not a mummy but regular rectangle shape. I like to spread my legs. Anyway I spent a wet cold week on the Alaska peninsula couple of springs back and I really like the bag. It is going back this fall with me. I am not up on all the tecno. of the Wiggys just know it is comfortable, warm and dry.

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been useing Wiggy's bags for several years
on raft trips ( several 30 day Grand Canyon mid- winter trips, early Middle Fork Salmon, and bunches of early Yampa trips ) and I never had a problem with them. Well constucted and seem to keep their
Loft very well. Expensive unless you walk in to their store.I live a couple of blocks away so walking in isn't a problem.
Charlie

Posts: 165 | Location: unit 10 Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
I bought my Wiggy's so long ago I can't remember when. It's been to Alaska and Colorado , Wyoming and I'm still using it. I'm about 6'3" and it has plenty of room and man does it keep me warm.I think I bought it in the late 80's

Posts: 237 | Location: Ga. | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several wiggy bags that I like. I swore off down clothing and bags after a few examples of what happens when it gets wet on a winter trip that I was on....nobody got hurt, but it could have been bad. For the price I think that his bags are the warmest and most comfortable in wet weather....I think there are "better" bags(ID and some of the others that make nice synthetic stuff) and least bags that are nicer in some of the features(lighter/more compressable) but I don't know if they are warmer.

I think they give a pretty good dicount to military and Law enforcement.....like 30%? About the same price as if you walked into the store in Grand Junction.
YMMV
-phil

Posts: 126 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote