New
Find
Notify
Tools

LaCrosse boots made in China now
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last time I was in the big town I planned on buying a new pair of insulated ankle-fit LaCrosse hip boots, only to find that they are now made in China and not only are of lesser quality, but many stores are dropping the line because of it.

I ended up buying some uninsulated bob sole hippers made by Xtra-Tuf at Barney's that are new to the market, but I'm not completely satisfied with the fit. Specifically, there is too much heel slip, causing the dreaded "sock ball under your instep".

Anybody know of a source that still has some old stock of the American made LaCrosse?

Posts: 99 | Location: Cordova Alaska | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitehurst:
Last time I was in the big town I planned on buying a new pair of insulated ankle-fit LaCrosse hip boots, only to find that they are now made in China and not only are of lesser quality, but many stores are dropping the line because of it.

I ended up buying some uninsulated bob sole hippers made by Xtra-Tuf at Barney's that are new to the market, but I'm not completely satisfied with the fit. Specifically, there is too much heel slip, causing the dreaded "sock ball under your instep".

Anybody know of a source that still has some old stock of the American made LaCrosse?

I thought LaCrosse was made in Canada [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ??

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tsturm, you must be confusing LaCrosse with Sorels. The factory was in LaCrosse WI.

LaCrosse Outlet Store
1320 Saint Andrew Street
La Crosse, WI 54603
(608) 782-5630

Posts: 99 | Location: Cordova Alaska | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Sir: I have worn lacrosse "bird boots" for 40 years, having lacrosse resole them, and buying new as needed. Four years ago, they wouldn't resole them, so i ordered a new pair from dance's. When the came in, they were the cheap *hit boots from china, with poor leather, and the plastic feeling rubber bottoms, that lasted 16 months, cost the same, had bottoms thay were not flexible, etc. Cost the same as the old quality boots. They never responded to my blistering letter. Now i would not even buy anything from them. I feel sorry for the folks in lacross. their management took the company in the wrong direction. Shame on the company. They did not know they sold their virtue for a whim. ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I sorry to report that the problem is not with the products, management but with the consumer.
In the unending search for lower prices the consumer has driven the manufacturers off shore to mostly lesser quality and cheaper labor.
If the manufacturers could make a reasonable profit, using US labor, while maintaining, or growing, market share they would do it.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
No doubt some are planning to cheapen their products in seeking customers. Some are covering their *sses with poor triggers and screwing the customer with high prices and shoddy goods. Lacrosse sold me crappy boots at a price higher than my last pair. Millions of consumers continue to buy very expensive goods. Orvis and others are still growing. Italian clones of winchesters sell very well and at very high prices. So do Shiloh sharps. Why then, are the quality american winchester and the lacrosse boot gone? It is not the buyer's fault. I don't have the enron management outlook that some do and i still know what gettin screwed looks like. ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitehurst:
tsturm, you must be confusing LaCrosse with Sorels. The factory was in LaCrosse WI.

LaCrosse Outlet Store
1320 Saint Andrew Street
La Crosse, WI 54603
(608) 782-5630

OOP's [Wink] I got my boots crossed! You might try Sweeney's in Soldotna
for the old style(USA) boots?

good luck

[ 10-14-2003, 07:31: Message edited by: tsturm ]

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote