Find
Notify
Tools

2006 DCUA Sheep Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted
I drew a Delta Controlled Use Area tag this year and had a great hunt in Gods country.

There's 8 rams in this picture, can you spot them.

[URL=

Here they are through the spotting scope. None of them are full curl, one of them is close.

[URL=
[/URL]

A view from Gods Country.

[URL= [/URL]

Day six shot this ram after watching him and another ram for a couple days and figuring them out, the other ram had nicer horns, but I could never be 100 % sure he was full curl so let him go. He is broomed on one side and 35 inches on the other and a tight curl. He slide down the slope a ways and went over a 30 foot cliff so he loks a little beat up. 250 yard shot measured with rangefinder. 30.06 with 165 grain Accubonds. I've taken 6 animals with the Accubonds in the last 2 years and have been very pleased with them.

[URL= [/URL]

[URL= [/URL]

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Seamus O'Grady
posted Hide Post
Good job and thanks for the post and pics!

Citius, altius, fortius

Posts: 567 | Location: Washington | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! that left horn is sure a tight curl.. seems to me anyway.. never been sheep hunting,, leaving for Alaska in 7 hours. just checked the weather for next ten days.. looks so-so. some rain, but a few partly cloudy days.. one can only hope.. thanks for shareing the pix.. Les

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote