BIG Brown bear!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That thing blows my mind. Just the shear mass of its head is crazy. Those boys can hardly roll it over. All I can say is wow.
I've seen some 21 and 22 in, 500 lbs Blacks at my taxidermist but this Brown dwarfs them.

Posts: 146 | Location: Saskatchewan | Registered: 16 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What cartridge did you use? Looked to me like the second shot wasn't needed. Nice video!

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!
Adding Unimak to my list of tags to put in for in 2014!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Exactly I
How I dream about a coastal Kodiak hunt
Congratulations

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cory kills some awesome animals and this bear tops them all in my books.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That was perfect but I'd have put in another shot as the guide recommended. You can't make DG too dead.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Bear! How many years have you been putting in for Unimak?

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
I've put in for that tag since 2005...what gets me is I know two people since then that have drawn that tag and never even went .......can't figure that out at all.

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do they have outfitter tags for Unimak or is it draw only?
I have heard that the most serious BB in AK come from that windy rock.

After sheep, that is my ultimate NA trophy. What an awesome hunt.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
Do they have outfitter tags for Unimak or is it draw only?
I have heard that the most serious BB in AK come from that windy rock.

After sheep, that is my ultimate NA trophy. What an awesome hunt.

Scott, as we talked about last winter , there are "serious" bears on most parts of the peninsula

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep.. And SOON I am going to look for one of them...
Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:

Scott, as we talked about last winter , there are "serious" bears on most parts of the peninsula

Posts: 873 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Monster bear!!

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed your video. It is a good example of a hunt that requires the hunter to be in reasonable shape. However it looked like a relatively easy hunt as Brown Bear hunts go.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw this on Facebook this spring...one helluva big bear. Corey even lucked out and found a Pacific walrus skull. I'm kinda surprised the footage isn't being saved for a season of the professionals.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hokkaido:

Add more if you like...

Happy to oblige.

You're a dick. Based on your posts I certainly want nothing to do with your guided hunts. Further, if you're ever in Dillingham and need a hand, don't call me. If I know its you I won't help.

I haven't watched the entire video as the commentary doesn't usually enthral me on those things. I did read your commentary and its needlessly and pointlessly offensive.

I know you've posted some hunts for sale on AR in the past. Your people skills as detailed above are not going to help you sell hunts.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a giant bear.
like to know what the skull measured green..I am guessing 28?

I thought the pilot not responding to the guy with the camera was pretty funny. Might have had to do with taking flight in a puddle jumper, IDK..

video taping hunts and editing take a lot of work, I suggest that this clip could use more editing. Love coastal Alaska, spent some summers up there, and the desolate beauty has a special place in my memories.

Bottom line, client is paying for the privilegde and if he wants to video the hunt and be a dork, that is his right.

If the guide or pilot need to deck someone, well it's Alaska, and that sort of thing happens. Smiler

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish Dad was still around to see this bear picture. He hunted Admiralty alone. Crawled about 1/4 mile down a bear tunnel til he found a 5 gal bucket sized pile, stuck his hand in it and felt hot. About that time he realized just how damned stupid he was. Then he couldn't get off the island fast enough. End of his bbear hunt. Imagine one this size could dump a pile like he found.
Thanks for sharing, too bad there's always some asshole trying to run someone down on these threads to ruin it for everyone.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
He hunted Admiralty alone. Crawled about 1/4 mile down a bear tunnel til he found a 5 gal bucket sized pile, stuck his hand in it and felt hot. Imagine one this size could dump a pile like he found.

I've hunted Admiralty for over 30 years and never seen any piles remotely that big. But you know, evertyhing IS BIGGER IN ALASKA!!!

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote