New
Find
Notify
Tools

keep it up there
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
so its getting colder than hell here now. weatherman says its coming down from alaska. From now on will you guys kindly keep this chit up there & I promise not to send al gore up there

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Enjoy that cold weather, we certainly didn't.... Wink

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Send big Al up there-- in a swim suit!! then let him tell us about global warming!

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
Send big Al up there-- in a swim suit!! then let him tell us about global warming!

Good God Almighty!! I'd rather face 50 below at the cabin than chance burning my eyeballs out with the vision of algore in a swimsuit. Greg

"These are the times that try mens souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." Thomas Paine winter of 1776

Posts: 115 | Location: Wasilla Alaska | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tell you what - we'll send big al up there in a swimsuit, if you send sarah down here in one Big Grin clap Big Grin clap Big Grin clap

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
tell you what - we'll send big al up there in a swimsuit, if you send sarah down here in one Big Grin clap Big Grin clap Big Grin clap

Right on!!!!!!! thumb jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys deserve the cold after voting Al Frankenstein into the Senate. To paraphrase one wag "Only in America could a failed radio talk show host get elected to the U.S.Senate". You folks should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.
Bear in Fairbanks
(AKA God's country to most of you)

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
we are absolutely ashamed! killpc homer

Posts: 3 | Location: Wahkon, MN | Registered: 03 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, guys. Cheer up. I've got a BIG +10 deg. here at the house so a heat wave will be comin' your way. Geez, think I'll go to the range later today. I got way too much free time.
Ya'll take care now. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Northwoods , welcome to the forums ........ Pretty great bunch of guys and girls here ..... Provides a good break from the idiot box ..And there,s possibly countless years of experience represented here ....

Had a good south wind blowin all day so you guys down in America may be in for some extended cold ............... It,s up to +41 degrees here in Glennallen right now ... I was almost cookin my pickups this morning before I remembered I had them plugged in . Don,t need them plugged in @ 34 deg .F. .... This warm spell will do well for making the extended diapers for my vehicles ......... @ 30 below the overdrive on my Dakota quits , and I,ve got to get a 200 watt magnetic heater for the steering gear box and tranies on both my dodges ...... As it is I,ve been using mountain camping white gas stoves under the transmissions and a torch on the steering box ........ Like Waterrat says ,. Ya gotta be tough to live in Alaska.. nilly stir salute

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gumboot 458,

Thanks for the welcome and the fresh air! It's
-11 deg and on it's on the way to -30 tonight.

Posts: 3 | Location: Wahkon, MN | Registered: 03 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMB:
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:

Right on!!!!!!! thumb jumping

She's one of the reasons I am moving to Alaska from Afghanistan in 31 days...but who's counting. Big Grin

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote