THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Grizzly killed by Inuit woman with a .22?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grizzly killed by Inuit woman with a .22?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In another part of this forum the subject came up about a story I've heard for years. Story is a Inuit woman was in her cabin during a storm at the beggining of winter. She heard a grizzly tearing at the meat shed in back. She knew if the bear ate all her winter meat she'd starve to death any way, so she took a single shot Stevens .22 long rifle, snuck around the edge of the shed stuffed it in the bears ear and killed him. Story says the bears world class. After mentioning this story which if memory serves I've read about somewhere( I think it was in the "This happened to me!") I got to wondering if others had heard this story? And more importantly knew where a guy could go to verify or disprove it definitively. It's one of those stories that you've heard for years and it would be nice to get to the bottom of, a guy sure don't want to lie to his grand kids. Thanks.---Shoot Safe---montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
Have seen a B&W photo of her posing with said rifle and the Bear rug.

It was way up in B&C...................

one of us
posted Hide Post
hi
back in early 60's i knew a guy which his uncle had killed a manificient persian mountain leopard in luristan province in western iran(i saw the nice rug) with a 22 lr. in middle of night he woke upp from the noise of barking dogs and hens from his hens hous at the opposite side of the his yard .he took a semie auto savage 22 lr opened the window of his room and in the beam of pocket torch he saw a couple of shining eyes on the roof of henshouse .he aimed and fired a couple of rounds. the day after he was surprised to see a very nice male leo stone dead on the roof of hens house [Big Grin] anyway he was nicknamed leo-hunter after this event and he was known as that for the rest of his life [Big Grin]
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote