THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Alaskan Bears Love Tourists *warning gruesome*

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaskan Bears Love Tourists *warning gruesome*
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Say they taste just like chicken!

-

Posts: 1542 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is an old photo that has been around the internet for some time and no one can identify it with an actual reported kill. It was attached to the story of the bear from Hichenbrooke for some time but that was quickly squashed.

There is a bullet on the chest of the man too and no one knows how that got there, obviously placed afterwards. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 361 | Location: Valdez, AK (aka Heaven) | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look like a brown bear kill site to me. Brown bears just love to bury their kills.

Posts: 130 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 10 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't even look like a picture of Alaska. More like some jungle in a third world country. I doubt a bear would start on the leg to begin with. More than likely an enhanced photo and a hoax...

[ 11-16-2003, 23:54: Message edited by: zim698 ]

Posts: 53 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought bears loved them because they are soft pink no teeth or claws to put up with.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
phony photo
How could the leg still be up with nothing but
a calf muscle?

Also I agree,the bear would have probably at the
guts first.

It is a gruesome picture though.

Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WHEN I went to law school I shared a room with a guy who used to be the City manager for Ft. Yukon Alaska.

Said what wasn't advertised was that the bears were starting to associate the Sierra clubs "all you need is a tin cup and a whistle to stay clear of bears" as tantamount to being a dinner bell.

The mantra of the day was, "if approached by a bear acting aggressively, drop your pack to distract the bear" What was in the packs...FOOD.

Also said they NEVER reported all the bear attacks on hikers.....bad for tourism. [Big Grin]

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
JeffP,

I agree that normally a bear would start with a place other than the leg... in fact, many scavengers start eating at the asshole. Don't know why? Disgusting!

But to answer your question, the leg is standing up because the femur (thigh bone) is still connecting the knee to the hip. See all the places were the muscle strands are attached to the bone, hanging down like strings?

I'd like to know what the bullet is all about.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote