THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    how did you do with the permits? DM808 AND DG339 GRANT LAKE

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how did you do with the permits? DM808 AND DG339 GRANT LAKE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i pulled up the winter permits and got a few, before i thought these were donations!!!!!!!!

how did you do? anyone hunt there areas before

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
It was a donation for me. I have drawn a few in the past so I can't complain.

Still have spring permits to try for. Roll Eyes

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
I drew a tag for Delta Sheep. Can't wait for August to get here, this -50 weather is getting old already.

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew the Tok Managament Area sheep permit.

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Skunked again...

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got Goat! Smiler

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
goat in an area i can see from the spit Smiler dg362 sadie cove, AND archery only any sheep ds 140.
life is good.

Posts: 9 | Location: homer, alaska | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Scored a very good Sheep permit, right near Anchorage. Kinda strange to travel to the big city to hunt, but that's the deal with this permit.

Brian

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eagle River sheep!!! I can watch'em from the porch in the spring, now I only have to walk 9 miles from the house to hunt them! Kind of bizzare to not have to drive, fly in, etc. Great to finally get a permit after years of 'donations'!!! jumping

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,
It's been a while since I've posted. I need some help. I'm hoping homerdave can point me in the right direction. My partner and I drew DG 352, Brown Mountain Goat and was wondering if someone could give us some info on charters out of Homer, doing this hunt or any experience.

Any input will be helpful.

thanks

"Take your kid hunting, so you don't have to go hunting for your kid."

Ted Nugent

Posts: 89 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted Gore point for goat 6 years ago, saw plenty but those I got in range of were in unreachable locations. I was back in the area this Aug, both times I flew with Jon Berryman of Beluga Lake Floatplane service and recommend him highly! A beaver was $395/hr this summer. I camped in Tonsina bay, half way between Brown Mtn and Gore Pt. Great place to have a low camp, but very thick and steep until you break out of the treeline, and then scrub and brush too. Also one stream between the bay and Brown Mtn. and the south side is STEEP. I have one or two distant photos if you pm me.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
kusko-pm sent

Posts: 9 | Location: homer, alaska | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote