New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fishing Holster for Super Alaskan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering if anyone is carrying one of these regularly? I'm leaning toward either a cross-draw holster or a tanker one. I ordered a fishing vest from Tulli(sp?) who said they have a pocket in the front for holding a sidearm, but I'm not sure whether I'd use it/if it's big enough.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Just wondering if anyone is carrying one of these regularly? I'm leaning toward either a cross-draw holster or a tanker one. I ordered a fishing vest from Tulli(sp?) who said they have a pocket in the front for holding a sidearm, but I'm not sure whether I'd use it/if it's big enough.

I have no idea how big the Super Alaskan is, but i bought a bandoleer belt & holster called " Bandito," which works very well for my .454 Casull with a 7-1/2" barrel.

Here is the link (click on Banditos):
https://sf2000.registeredsite.com/~user593430/miva/merc...e=PP&Category_Code=B

Posts: 1103 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a model 1942 Tanker from El Paso Saddlery for my Dan Wesson .44. I find it to be a great shoulder holster all around. It is out of the way, and quick to get at. It was too tight for the gun when I first got it, but I sent it back and they quickly got it stretched and sent back. Now it fits like it was made for the gun.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote